Diploma In Teaching At Unisa Requirements 2024/2025
Diploma In Teaching At Unisa Application Requirements 2024/2025
UNISA Diploma in Teaching: Admission Requirements for 2024/2025:
Making the decision to become a teacher is similar to influencing the future. When it comes to educational possibilities, the University of South Africa (Unisa) serves as a lighthouse for individuals who want to become teachers. The Diploma in Teaching is one of its most popular courses. It is essential to become familiar with the requirements for the 2024–2025 academic year if you are thinking about enrolling in Unisa’s academic programme.
A diploma course is a short-term study program that provides practical knowledge and skills in a specific subject area. Unlike degree programs, which are often more extensive and comprehensive in scope, diploma courses focus on a particular aspect of a field, enabling students to gain specialized knowledge. Diploma courses are often designed to provide vocational education, practical skills, or professional knowledge about a specific subject. They can either act as a pathway to higher education or serve as a means to enhance one’s skills for employment.
When To Apply For A Diploma Teaching Course At Unisa For 2024-2025
Prospective applicants are to take note of the following dates before commencing the application process so as not to miss any important dates:
2024 Applications Date For Unisa Undergraduate Applicants:
- Applications Open Date For Undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees): 1st of September 2023.
- Applications Closing Date For Undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees): 13th of October 2023
2024 Applications Date For Unisa Honours And Postgraduate Applicants:
- Applications Open Date For Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas: 1st September 2023
- Applications Closing Date For Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas: 13 October 2023
2024 Applications Date For Unisa Masters And Doctorial Applicants:
- Application dates for the 2024 academic year for master’s and doctoral qualifications (some exceptions apply) will be announced soon.
Applications Date For Unisa Short Programmes 2024:
- Applications and registrations for short learning programmes for the 2024 academic year will open in November 2023. This website will be updated as information becomes available. Please visit this site regularly for updated information.
Unisa Diploma Teaching Module
At the first level, students will have the chance to study these;
- BPT1501 – Being a Professional Teacher
- CDE2601 – Child development in the early years
- EML1501 – Emergent Literacy
- ENC1501 – English teaching for communication
- FCP1501 – Partnerships with Families and Communities
- GRL1501 – Gr R Life skills: Movement and Creative Activities
- IEA1501 – Inclusive Education Approach
- TPG1501 – Teaching Practice I
Click Here for the full list of Unisa Diploma Teaching Courses:
Teaching is no different from any other job in that it requires a specific set of abilities and traits to succeed. Among the abilities and traits required to be a successful educator are:
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Group work skills – teamwork
- Conflict resolution skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Motivational skills
- Mentoring and Leadership skills
- Time management skills
- Constant learning – lifelong learning
Teachers for all age groups are in demand. The following teaching specializations are listed on the List of Occupations in High Demand (Department of Higher Education and Training, 2018)
READ ALSO; How Long Is A Teaching Diploma At Unisa 2024
Diploma In Teaching At Unisa Application Fee For 2024-2025
Pay the application fee once you’ve received your student number:
- R135 for online applications
Apply for Diploma Teaching Admission at UNISA 2024.
The Unisa undergraduate qualifications (further certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, and degrees) are no longer accepting applications.
Pay attention to the following:
- Admission applications must all be filed online. Applications won’t be accepted for any self-help stations.
- No one is automatically admitted to a qualification. Whether you meet the prerequisites for admission and whether there is room for you will rely on these two factors.
Unisa Teaching Admission Requirements 2024/2025
Your admission to Unisa is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with at least a 40% in the language of teaching and learning,
- a Level 4 National Certificate (Vocational) with a diploma entry endorsement or equivalent and at least 40% in the language of teaching and learning. A Level 4 or Level 5 Certificate,
- a Diploma in Early Development may also be presented for admission and assessment pertaining to advanced credit standing with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement, as prescribed by institutions accredited to offer learning programmes that lead to the attainment and awarding of the qualification.
- IN ADDITION, an official stamped proof of permanent employment (at least 12 months) in Grade R is required as per the Department of Basic Education requirement of the qualification. Failure to submit this document during application will disqualify you from admission. Volunteering or assistant positions do not qualify for admission.
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
By understanding the specific admission requirements for 2024 at Unisa, you can ensure a smooth application process and pave the way for your success in the world of education. Visit The official Website of Unisa For More Details.