Unisa Application Nsfas Grant 2024/2025
Unisa Application Nsfas Grant 2024/2025
Eligibility Requirements for Nsfas Grants at Unisa 2024/2025:
Understanding the application procedure is essential if you’re thinking of applying for an Nsfas grant at Unisa in 2024/2025. This manual will take you through the process step-by-step and make sure you have all the information you need to successfully apply for a Nsfas grant at Unisa. Before applying for a Nsfas grant for Unisa in 2024/2025 at Unisa, it’s important to check your eligibility. Nsfas grants are only given to South African citizens who come from disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial need. You will need to provide documentation such as proof of income, identity documents, and academic records to determine your eligibility.
Qualified students are to make sure they apply for the Nsfas grant before the closing date which falls exactly on the 31st of January 2024. Applicants are to notice that, if applications are submitted after the given deadline and required documents are not attached they will not be processed, it is therefore very important to prepare all the required documents before beginning the online application process.
All new applicants are to ensure that they are temporarily registered during Unisa’s registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation. If your NSFAS application is declined or delayed by the time the registration period closes, you will be expected to find alternative funding before your registration is activated.
Unisa Application Date For Nsfas Grant 2024/2025
Students of Unisa can begin the online application for the Nsfas Grant for the 2024/2025 academic year by the below dates:
- Unisa Nsfas Grant Open Date 2024: Applications for Nsfas for Unisa students will commence on the 28th of September 2023 for the 2024/2025 academic year.
- Unisa Grants Application Deadline 2024: If you intend to apply for financial assistance from Nsfas as a Unisa student for the academic year 2024, you should apply before the deadline which is on the 31st of January 2024.
Who Is Eligible For Unisa Application Nsfas Grant 2024/2025
You are only qualified to apply for Nsfas Grant at Unisa for the study year 2024 if you are among the following category of persons:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Unisa Application Requirements For Nsfas Grant 2024/2025
The following are the supporting and required documents needed when applying for financial aid or grant from Nsfas as a Unisa student:
- Students SA Identity Document (ID) card
- Parents/Guardians’ ID
- Proof of Household Income
- Proof of Residence
- Consent Form
- Academic Results
- Proof of Registration/Admission:
- Persons Living with Disability
- Death Certificates
- Sworn Affidavits
The amounts given are indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines. Below are the grants given to students of Unisa by Nsfas:
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Unisa Application Process Nsfas Grant 2024/2025
The following are the step-by-step procedures for applying for Nsfas as a Unisa student:
- Visit the official website of Nsfas
- Create a myNSFAS Account: Head to the official NSFAS website and register a new account with your details.
- Fill out the Application Form: Once registered, complete the online application form, providing accurate details about your household income, academic records, and any other requested information.
- Upload Necessary Documents: You will be prompted to submit various documents, including a copy of your ID, parents’/guardians’ IDs, and proof of income.
- Submit & Wait: After submitting, keep an eye on your account. NSFAS will communicate the outcome of your application through the portal and via SMS.
Nsfas Contact Details
In case you will want to contact Nsfas for more info, use the details below:
- For all other queries regarding students:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Email: email@example.com
- Physical Address
- The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
UNISA Contact Details
For more enquiries and in-depth information, use the below contact details to contact Unisa:
- 0800 00 1870
- Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning the above post, kindly leave them in the comment section provided below or better still you can visit the official website of Unisa for more Details.