Is Unisa Open For 2024/2025 Undergraduate
Is Unisa Open For 2024/2025 Undergraduate Qualification
Unisa’s Undergraduate Qualifications for 2024/2025: Application Status:
The online application for the academic year 2024-2025 will be open for applicants who are planning to enrol in an undergraduate programme at Unisa from the 1st of September 2023 and the applications will be closing on the 13th of October 2023. The application date will not be extended therefore all applications must be submitted before the deadline to avoid any disappointment and delay in the processing.
Both prospective and returning applicants wanting to start a new qualification are eligible to apply for admission. Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialisation, applicants who previously applied for admission and were not offered a space or who were offered a space, accepted the offer and did not register, students completing a higher certificate or any other programme and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies are also qualified to apply for 2024-2025 academic year.
UNISA Undergraduate Application Open Date 2024/2025
Applications will be open for undergraduate programmes and courses at Unisa by the following dates:
- Unisa Undergraduate Programmes Application Open Date 2024: Applications for undergraduate courses will be open at Unisa on the 1st of September 2023.
- Unisa Undergraduate Programmes Application Deadline For 2024: the deadline to submit your application for undergraduate qualification at Unisa for the 2024 academic year is on the 13th of October 2023.
READ ALSO; Unisa Undergraduate Application 2024-2025
Who Is Eligible To Apply For Undergraduate Course At Unisa For 2024-2025
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialisation.
- If you are completing a higher certificate, you must apply for admission if you want to continue with further undergraduate studies.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and were offered a space, but did not accept the offer and/or did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
Unisa Undergraduate Courses And Programmes Offered For 2024/2025
The following are the undergraduate qualifications offered at Unisa for the academic year 2024-2025:
- Higher Certificate in Accounting Sciences (98201)
- Higher Certificate in Animal Welfare (90098)
- Higher Certificate in Archives and Records Management (98577)
- Higher Certificate in Banking (98225)
- Higher Certificate in Criminal Justice (90006)
- Higher Certificate in Economic and Management Sciences (98237)
- Higher Certificate in Education Foundation Phase and Intermediate Phase (90093 – FIP)
- Higher Certificate in Education Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching (90093 – SPF)
- Higher Certificate in Law (98751)
- Higher Certificate in Life and Environmental Sciences (98366)
- Higher Certificate in Marketing (98229)
- Higher Certificate in Mathematics and Statistics (90129)
- Higher Certificate in Physical Sciences (90101)
- Higher Certificate in Retailing (90014)
- Higher Certificate in Social Auxiliary Work Not Applicable (90011)
- Higher Certificate in Supervisory Management (90015)
- Higher Certificate in Tourism Management (98226)
- Advanced Certificate in Accounting Sciences (90017)
- Advanced Certificate in Intermediate Phase Mathematics and English First Additional Language Teaching (90177)
Click HERE for details on programmes.
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consist of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
What Does The UNISA Undergraduate Selection Process Entail
- Applications for admission should always be submitted online. Please, take note that there will be no self-help stations for applications at the various regional offices.
- Application for Admission to a qualification does not come automatically. It will rather depend on you by qualifying the admission requirements and also if there is space available.
- The selection process is the calculation of your own points score that takes into consideration your final Grade 12 marks and other important factors like the school you attended, gender, socio-economic group, race, etc.
Unisa Online Application Process For Undergraduate Qualifications For 2024-2025
Follow the below process to apply for admission into the 2024-2025 academic year at Unisa for Undergraduate courses:
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your qualifications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (eg semester 2).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another applicant.
- First-time applicants to Unisa will be required to complete the First-Year Experience MOOC (massive open online course) before being able to accept Unisa’s offer.
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission. Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
How To Track Undergraduate UNISA Application Status In 2024
If you have applied for Admission at UNISA and want to Check your Application Status for 2024, follow the steps:
- Go to UNISA Application Status 2024 website: https://myadmin.unisa.ac.za/unisa-student-status/default.do
- Read the notification message
- Make sure you have your student number
- Enter your Student number in the space provided
- Next, type in your Surname / Last name
- Enter your First name(s) / Forename(s)
- Choose your Date of Birth
- Click on “Continue” to Track the Status of your UNISA Application 2024
- 0800 00 1870
- Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Unisa is indeed open for undergraduate admissions in 2024, and the opportunity to become part of this renowned institution awaits. Embrace the possibilities, seize the chance to learn and grow, and pave the way for a bright and promising future at Unisa. Visist The Official Website Of the University Of South Africa (Unisa) for more details.