Does Unisa Have Degrees 2024/2025
Does Unisa Have Degrees Course 2024/2025
Does UNISA Offer Degrees in 2024/2025? Unpacking UNISA’s Academic Offerings:
Degree courses refer to the structured set of subjects or modules that students are required to complete in order to earn a specific academic degree. These courses provide in-depth knowledge, practical skills, and a theoretical understanding of a particular field of study. The University of South Africa (UNISA) has long been a pillar of distance learning on the African continent. As prospective students evaluate their choices for the academic years 2024/2025, a common question arises: Does UNISA offer degree programs?
Prospective applicants are warmly welcome to a thorough overview of the exciting world of degree programmes provided by the University of South Africa (UNISA). This article explores the academic options UNISA offers as you start your educational journey or contemplate broadening your horizons. Each course is meant to promote critical thinking, promote creativity, and equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in a constantly changing environment.
Unisa Degrees Course Application Date For 2024/2025
Below are the dates to apply for a degrees course at Unisa for 2024-2025:
2024 Applications Date For Unisa Undergraduate Applicants:
- Applications Open Date For Undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees): 1st of September 2023.
- Applications Closing Date For Undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees): 13th of October 2023
2024 Applications Date For Unisa Honours And Postgraduate Applicants:
- Applications Open Date For Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas: 1st September 2023
- Applications Closing Date For Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas: 13 October 2023
2024 Applications Date For Unisa Masters And Doctorial Applicants:
- Application dates for the 2024 academic year for master’s and doctoral qualifications (some exceptions apply) will be announced soon.
Applications Date For Unisa Short Programmes 2024:
- Applications and registrations for short learning programmes for the 2024 academic year will open in November 2023. This website will be updated as information becomes available. Please visit this site regularly for updated information.
READ ALSO; Unisa Courses 2024 Pdf
Who Must Apply To UNISA Degrees Course At Unisa For 2024-2025
Everyone who wants to begin a new qualification must submit an admissions application. This comprises
- first-time Unisa applicants.
- Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialisation.
- applicants who previously applied for admission and were not offered a space or who were offered a space accepted the offer and did not register.
- students completing a higher certificate or any other programme and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
Types Of Degree Programmes offered At Unisa
below are the types of Degree programmes offered at Unisa:
Associate Degree Courses:
- Typically a two-year program (in countries like the U.S.)
- Found in community colleges, technical schools, and some universities.
- Courses may include foundational subjects in arts, sciences, business, or specific vocational areas like graphic design or paralegal studies.
Bachelor’s Degree Courses:
- Generally a three to four-year program, depending on the country and specific discipline.
Offered by universities and colleges.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Science (BSc), Bachelor of Engineering (BEng), and Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) are some common degrees.
- Courses vary widely based on the major but often start with foundational or “core” subjects before progressing to specialized modules in the chosen field.
Master’s Degree Courses:
- Usually a one to two-year program, depending on the subject and region.
- Requires students to complete advanced coursework and often a thesis or capstone project.
- Examples include Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc), and Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Doctoral Degree Courses (PhD or DPhil):
- Duration varies widely, often 3-7 years.
- Requires coursework, comprehensive exams, and the completion of a doctoral dissertation which contributes new knowledge or insights to the field.
- Examples of doctoral courses might include advanced research methodologies, specialized seminars, or interdisciplinary subjects.
Professional Degree Courses:
- Designed to prepare students for a specific profession.
- Examples include Doctor of Medicine (MD), Juris Doctor (JD for law), and Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS).
- Coursework is heavily tailored to practical application in the respective profession.
Yes, unisa does offer degree courses and programmes. For the academic year 2024-2025, the following are the degree courses and programmes offered at Unisa:
- Bachelor of Accounting Sciences in Financial Accounting (Revised Curriculum 2020) (98302 – FA1)
- Bachelor of Accounting Sciences in Internal Auditing Internal Auditing (98303 – AUI)
- Bachelor of Accounting Sciences in Management Accounting (Revised Curriculum 2020) (98304 – MA1)
- Bachelor of Accounting Sciences in Taxation (98318 – TAX)
- Bachelor of Administration (98315 – BAD)
- Bachelor of Administration in Human Settlements Management (90016 – HSM)
- Bachelor of Arts (99311)
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Science (98051)
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Development (98618)
- Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing (99313)
- Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies (99312)
- Bachelor of Arts in Government, Administration and Development (99301)
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations (99302)
- Bachelor of Arts in Policy Studies (99303)
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Leadership and Citizenship (99304)
- Bachelor of Arts in Politics, Philosophy and Economics (90079)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (90180)
Bachelor of Arts in Visual Multimedia Arts (90091)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (98316 – BBA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (98314 – GEN)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Business Informatics (98300 – BIS)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Business Management (98310 – BSM)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Economics (98305 – ECS)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurship (90106 – ENT)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Financial Management (98306 – FMN)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management (98307 – HRM)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Industrial and Organisational Psychology (98308 – IOP)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Law (90123 – LAW)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing Management (98301 – MKT)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Public Procurement Management (98767 – PPM)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Quantitative Management (98311 – QMA)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Supply Chain and Operations Management (98766 – SCM)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Tourism Management (98312 – TRT)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Transport and Logistics (98313 – TRL)
- Bachelor of Consumer Science Fashion Retail Management (98005 – FAR)
- Bachelor of Consumer Science Fashion Small-Business Management (98005 – FSB)
- Bachelor of Consumer Science Food Service Management (98005 – FSM)
- Bachelor of Consumer Science Food and Clothing (98005 – FCL)
- Bachelor of Consumer Science Food and Nutrition (98005 – FNU)
UNISA Degree Duration To Complete The Program
applicant interested in Degree Program at UNISA must know the length of the program below;
- 8 years to complete a 360-credit qualification (3-year degree or diploma) and 10 years to complete a 480-credit qualification (4-year degree).
- Bachelor’s Degree courses are traditionally four years long, containing a variety of intellectual discovery and personal growth. These four years are often separated into semesters, with two semesters every academic year. The time, however, might vary depending on a variety of elements that come into play during a student’s educational journey
UNISA Degree Qualification And Modules In 2024 Academics
Unisa degree program may consist of;
- between 8 and 10 modules of 12 credits each at NQF level 5
- between 10 and 12 modules of 12 credits each at NQF level 6
- 10 modules of 12 credits each at NQF level 7
- an additional 10 modules or 12 credits each at NQF level 7 for 4-year qualifications
Necessary Document To Apply For Degree Programs At Unisa
the applicants beginning a new qualification are expected to upload the necessary files, which often include the following:
- Photocopy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- photocopy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- A copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
UNISA Contact Details
- 0800 00 1870
- Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
The degree programmes offered by the University of South Africa cover a wide range of academic specialities and are designed to meet the needs and aspirations of an international student body. Visit the official website of Unisa For More Details