Unisa Nursing Courses 2024/2025
Unisa Nursing Courses Application 2024/2025
Pioneering Your Path to a Fulfilling Nursing Career:
Unisa is known for its commitment to academic excellence, and its Nursing Courses are no exception. A nursing course is an educational program designed to train and educate individuals who aspire to become nurses. Nursing courses provide the knowledge, skills, and practical experience necessary to work in the healthcare field, specifically in nursing roles. For the academic year 2024/2025, the above courses and programmes are offered at Unisa.
The University of South Africa (Unisa) provides a variety of nursing degrees to assist you to realise your goals if you have a passion for helping others and want to change the world of healthcare. This article will examine the nursing programmes offered by Unisa, emphasising its value, curriculum, and the exciting employment options they might open up. The nursing programmes at Unisa offer a strong basis for a rewarding career in nursing, whether you’re a prospective student or an experienced healthcare professional wishing to upgrade your abilities.
Unisa Nursing Courses Application Date 2024/2025
Depending on the module an applicant is registering for, the application date may differ but in general, the following are the online application dates for the various qualifications offered at Unisa for the academic year 2024/2025:
- Unisa Undergraduate Qualification Application Date 2024: Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Unisa Honours Degrees & Postgraduate Diplomas Application Date 2024: Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Unisa Master’s & Doctoral Qualifications Application Date 2024: Applications for admission to master’s and doctoral qualifications for the 2024 academic year (some exceptions apply) open from 14 September 2023 to 10 November 2023.
- Unisa Short Learning Programmes Application Date 2024: Applications and registrations for short learning programmes for the 2024 academic year will open in November 2023. This website will be updated as information becomes available. Please visit this site regularly for updated information.
READ ALSO: Unisa Bridging Course Nursing 2024/2025
Unisa Nursing Courses Offered 2024/2025
The following are the various nursing courses and programmes offered at the Unisa for 2024/2025:
- CMH1501 – Comprehensive Primary Health Care I
- CMH1502 – Comprehensive Primary Health Care II
- CMH1503 – Health and the Environment
- ENG1503 – Academic Language and Literacy in English
- HMA1501 – Planning and Organising in Health Services Management
- HMA1502 – Leading and Control in Health Services Management
- HSE1501 – Contextualisation of Health Sciences Education
- HSE1502 – Principles of Health Sciences Education
- CMH2601 – Community Health Practical Pre-requisite: CMH1501 & CMH1502
- Co-requisite: CMH2602
- CMH2602 – Health in Communities Pre-requisite: CMH1501 & CMH1502
- COM2603 – Intercultural, Development, and Health Communication
- HMA2601 – Human Resource Management in Health Services Pre-requisite: HMA1501 & HMA1502
- HMA2602 – Labour Relations in Health Services Pre-requisite: HMA1501 & HMA1502
- HMA2603 – Health Services Management Practical Co-requisite: HMA2601 & HMA2602
- HSE2601 – Education Management in Health Sciences Pre-requisite: HSE1501 & HSE1502
- HSE2602 – Teaching and Assessment in Health Sciences Pre-requisite: HSE1501 & HSE1502
- HSE2603 – Health Sciences Education: Practical Co-requisite: HSE2601 & HSE2602
- NUD2601 – Nursing Dynamics
- PUB2604 – Welfare and Social Services Pre-requisite: PUB1501 & PUB1601
- RSC2601 – Research in Social Sciences
- CMH3701 – Basic Epidemiology in Health Sciences Co-requisite: RSC2601 or RSC201H
- HMA3701 – Financial Management in Health Services Pre-requisite: HMA2601 & HMA2602
- Co-requisite: HMA2603
- HMA3702 – Quality in Health Services Management Pre-requisite: HMA2601 & HMA2602
- Co-requisite: HMA2603
- HMA3703 – Leadership in Health Services Management Pre-requisite: HMA2601 & HMA2602
- Co-requisite: HMA2603
- HMA3704 – Contemporary issues in Health Services Management Pre-requisite: HMA2601 & HMA2602
- Co-requisite: HMA2603
- HSE3701 – Cultural Diverse Education in Health Sciences Pre-requisite: HSE2601 & HSE2602
Nursing Programmes at Unisa Lecture Times
When selecting your courses, you must keep in mind your available time because it will have an effect on how well you perform academically. You require roughly
- 6 to 8 hours per week for semester modules.
- 4 to 6 hours per week for year modules.
Click here for more information on managing your studies.
Nursing Courses at Unisa 2024 Qualification Requirements
- When applying for the BA (CUR), students must submit their Annual Practising Certificate, which attests to their registration as a general nurse and a midwife. This document is issued by the South African Nursing Council (SANC) or the nursing authority in the relevant nation. Students can only enrol in the BA (CUR)-HHS programme if they are not registered as midwives.
- An enrolled or auxiliary nurse is not eligible to get this qualification. Students who have already completed ENN103F are not permitted to enrol in ENG1503, which has taken the place of ENN103F.
READ ALSO; Unisa Courses Logistics 2024/2025
How to Select UNISA Modules
Each Unisa qualification is designed so that in order to graduate, you must pass a specific number of NQF-level credits within a specific amount of time.
- Co-requisite: Module A is a co-requisite for Module B. You want to register for Module B but have not yet passed Module A. You must then register for both Modules A and B simultaneously. You may NOT cancel your registration for Module A unless Module B is also cancelled.
- Pre-requisite: If Module A is a pre-requisite for Module B, you must pass Module A before you may register for Module B.
More than the maximum number of credits/modules each academic year and/or semester—60 credits per semester or 120 credits per academic year—may not be registered for.
Exams taken as part of a prior semester’s aegrotat or extra requirements do not count towards the maximum amount of credits. The maximum number of credits permitted also includes modules taken for non-degree or non-diploma purposes.
Applying for Unisa nursing courses for 2024/2025 is a simple process:
- Visit the official Unisa Website: Go to the Unisa official website to access the application portal.
- Create a myUnisa Account: If you’re a new student, create an account on the portal. Returning students can log in with their existing credentials.
- Select Your Course: go through the list of nursing courses and choose the one that aligns with your career aspirations.
- Complete the Application: Fill out the online application form, providing the required details and documentation.
- Pay the Application Fee: Pay the application fee of R125.
- Submit Your Application: Review your application and submit it online.
- Await Admission Responses: Unisa will evaluate your application, and once accepted, you’ll receive an admission offer.
UNISA Contact Details
For more enquiries and in-depth information, use the below contact details to contact Unisa:
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning the above post, kindly leave them in the comment section provided below or better still you can visit the official website of Unisa for more Details.