Unisa Bridging Course In Nursing 2024/2025
Unisa Bridging Course In Nursing Application 2024/2025
How to Apply for the Unisa Bridging Course in Nursing 2024/2025:
You can start your journey towards a fulfilling nursing profession with the Unisa Bridging Course in Nursing for 2024–2025. Unisa offers prospective nurses the chance to bridge the gap to formal nursing programmes because of its dedication to accessible education and reputation for excellence. Take the first step towards changing the healthcare industry via nursing by staying informed about the most recent admission requirements and course information on the official Unisa website.
If you are aspiring to become a nurse but lack the necessary qualifications, the University of South Africa (Unisa) offers a Bridging Course in Nursing, opening doors for individuals like you to pursue a fulfilling career in healthcare. This article delves into the Unisa Bridging Course in Nursing for 2024/2025, outlining its benefits, admission requirements, and how it can start your journey toward becoming a registered nurse.
What is the Unisa Bridging Nursing Course
The Unisa Bridging Nursing Course is a specialized program designed for registered nurses who wish to expand their expertise in specific areas of nursing practice. The course aims to bridge the gap between the existing qualifications of registered nurses and the requirements of a higher level of practice. It equips participants with advanced theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary for career progression and specialization within the nursing profession.
Unisa Bridging Course In Nursing Application Date 2024/2025
To apply for a bridging course in nursing at Unisa for 2024/2025, apply by the following dates:
- Unisa Undergraduate Qualifications Application Date For 2024: Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Unisa Honours Degrees & Postgraduate Diplomas Application Date For 2024: Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Unisa Master’s & Doctoral Qualifications Application Date For 2024: Applications for admission to master’s and doctoral qualifications for the 2024 academic year (some exceptions apply) open from 14 September 2023 to 10 November 2023.
- Unisa Short Learning Programmes Application Date 2024: Applications and registrations for short learning programmes for the 2024 academic year will open in November 2023. This website will be updated as information becomes available. Please visit this site regularly for updated information
Unisa Bridging Course Offered In Nursing For 2024/2025
There is a list of Unisa bridging courses for nursing for 2024 as listed below:
First (1st) Level:
- CMH1501 – Comprehensive Primary Health Care I
- CMH1502 – Comprehensive Primary Health Care II
- CMH1503 – Health and the Environment
- ENG1503 – Academic Language and Literacy in English
- HSE1502 – Principles of Health Sciences Education
- HMA1501 – Planning and Organising in Health Services Management
- HMA1502 – Leading and Control in Health Services Management
- HSE1501 – Contextualisation of Health Sciences Education
Second (2nd) Level:
- HMA2601 – Human Resource Management in Health Services
- HMA2602 – Labour Relations in Health Services
- HMA2603 – Health Services Management Practical
- CMH2601 – Community Health Practical
- CMH2602 – Health in Communities
- COM2603 – Intercultural, Development, and Health Communication
- HSE2601 – Education Management in Health Sciences
- HSE2602 – Teaching and Assessment in Health Sciences
- HSE2603 – Health Sciences Education: Practical
- NUD2601 – Nursing Dynamics
- PUB2604 – Welfare and Social Services
- RSC2601 – Research in Social Sciences
Third (3rd) Level:
- CMH3701 – Basic Epidemiology in Health Sciences
- HMA3702 – Quality in Health Services Management
- HMA3703 – Leadership in Health Services Management
- HMA3701 – Financial Management in Health Services
- HMA3704 – Contemporary Issues in Health Services Management
- HSE3701 – Cultural Diverse Education in Health Sciences
- HSE3702 – Contemporary Trends in Health Sciences Education
- HSE3703 – Developing Health Science Curricula: Foundations
- HSE3704 – Developing Health Science Curricula: Principles and Process
- HSE3705 – The Caring Ethics in Health Sciences
UNISA Matric bridging courses
- Financial Accounting
- Business management
- Office Administration
- Public sector accounting
Unisa Bridging Course In Nursing Details 2024/2025
The Unisa Bridging Course in Nursing typically covers fundamental subjects essential for a nursing career. While the curriculum may evolve over time, you can expect to study subjects such as:
- Anatomy and Physiology: Understanding the human body’s structure and function is vital for nurses to provide effective care.
- Healthcare Ethics: Learn about the ethical principles that guide healthcare practice.
- Basic Nursing Skills: Develop hands-on skills in patient care, including vital signs monitoring, wound care, and infection control.
- Mathematics and Science: These subjects provide the foundation for understanding medical calculations and scientific principles in healthcare.
- Communication Skills: Enhance your ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, and healthcare teams.
To be eligible for the Unisa Bridging Course in Nursing for 2024/2025, you need to meet certain admission requirements. Applicants are to keep in mind that these requirements may vary, so it’s essential to consult Unisa’s official website or contact their admissions office for the most up-to-date information:
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent qualification with specific subject requirements. Ensure you check the latest requirements as these may change.
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English is essential, as nursing programs require strong language skills.
- Health Requirements: You may need to meet specific health and fitness requirements, including medical examinations and immunizations.
- Clearance: A police clearance certificate may be necessary to ensure your suitability for working in the healthcare sector.
Contact Details Of Unisa
- 0800 00 1870 Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Main campus: Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre): Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria.
Hope the information given above has been useful to you in applying for admission. If you have any suggestions concerning this post, kindly leave them in the comments section provided below this post, or better still, you can visit the official website of Unisa for More Details.