Unisa Courses For Teaching 2024/2025
Unisa Courses In Teaching 2024/2025
Unisa Teaching Courses: Your Path to a Successful Career in Education:
If you have a passion for education and want to pursue a career in teaching, Unisa offers a wide range of courses to help you achieve your goals. Whether you’re interested in early childhood education, primary school teaching, or secondary school teaching, Unisa has programs designed to prepare you for a successful future in the field of education. Explore the various teaching courses offered by Unisa and take the first step towards a rewarding career in teaching.
Unisa is a reputable and well-established institution with a long history of excellence in education. Their teaching programs are designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in the classroom. Also, Unisa offers flexible study options, allowing you to balance your studies with other commitments. Either you prefer to study full-time or part-time, on-campus or online, Unisa has options to suit your needs.
Furthermore, Unisa has strong connections with schools and educational organizations, providing students with valuable networking opportunities and practical experience. By choosing Unisa for your teaching courses, you can be confident that you are receiving a high-quality education that will prepare you for a successful career in education.
Types Of Unisa Courses In Teaching 2024/2025
Unisa offers a wide range of courses to suit your aspirations:
Bachelor of Education (Foundation Phase):
- This program focuses on teaching young children from grades R to 3. It equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to foster the development of the youngest learners.
READ ALSO; Prospectus Of Unisa 2024/2025
Bachelor of Education (Intermediate Phase):
- If you’re interested in teaching students from grades 4 to 6, this program is tailored to meet your needs. It covers subjects like mathematics, science, and language education.
Bachelor of Education (Senior Phase and Further Education and Training):
- This program is designed for those who aspire to teach in high schools. It offers specialization options in various subjects, ensuring you’re well-prepared for the diverse needs of older students.
Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE):
- If you already hold a degree and wish to become a qualified teacher, the PGCE program is the perfect choice. It provides you with the necessary pedagogical skills and practical experience to excel in the classroom.
Bachelor of Education in Inclusive Education:
- This program is ideal for individuals passionate about teaching learners with diverse needs. It equips you with strategies to create inclusive learning environments.
Requirements for Admission to the Unisa Teaching Programme 2024
qualification standards for admission, You must fulfil the exact entrance requirements for the qualification you have chosen in order to be admitted to Unisa.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) (Degree endorsement) with at least 50% in the language of teaching and learning and at least 40% in Mathematics or 50% in Mathematical Literacy, or
- A Senior Certificate (SC) with matriculation exemption or qualify for the exemption from the Matriculation Board with at least a D symbol on HG or a C symbol on SG in the language of teaching and learning and with at least an F symbol on HG or an E symbol on SG in Mathematics, or
- A National Certificate Vocational (NCV) Level 4 with at least 60% in three fundamental subjects including the language of teaching and learning; 70% in four vocational subjects chosen from the NCV level 4 subjects. Subjects under the following categories are approved as eligible for a BEd degree: All official languages as First Additional Language level, Agriculture and Nature Conservation, Business, Commerce and Management Sciences Services, Education, training and Development, Mathematics and Natural Science.
- Applicants (new applicants & Unisa students who applied for admission to a new qualification) may only register if they have received an offer of placement from Unisa and have accepted the offer online. Unisa reserves the right to not process and/or cancel your registration if it is found that you were incorrectly admitted to a qualification.
- Re-registering students may register for the 2024 academic year once the registration period opens.
UNISA Teaching Course Duration 2024/2025
You must take your available time into consideration when choosing your modules, as this will impact your academic performance. You need approximately
- 6 to 8 hours per week for semester modules.
- 4 to 6 hours per week for year modules
READ ALSO: Unisa Teaching Registration 2024/2025
UNISA Contact Details
For more enquiries and in-depth information, use the below contact details to contact Unisa:
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning the above post, kindly leave them in the comment section provided below or better still you can visit the official website of Unisa for more Details.