Do Unisa Students Get Free Data 2024/2025
Do Unisa Students Get Free Data 2024/2025
Do Unisa Students Get Free Data in 2024/2025? Everything You Need to Know:
As the world becomes increasingly digital and reliant on technology, access to the internet is no longer a luxury but a necessity, especially for students pursuing higher education. The University of South Africa (UNISA), being a leading distance learning institution, recognizes the importance of connectivity for its students. This article will explore the connectivity support provided by UNISA, including initiatives to assist students in accessing essential online resources without facing data constraints.
As a currently registered Unisa student living in South Africa, you will receive 30GB per month (10 anytime and 20GB night owl) for the period 19 October to 18 December on the cellphone number Unisa has on record for you. This means that you will have sufficient data and connectivity to submit assignments, prepare for your exams and successfully complete your October/November exams.
When Can A Unisa Student Apply For A Free Data For 2024-2025
- The university intends to use your existing network provider to allocate your data. Students must do so by no later than 08:00 on Saturday 17 October at which time the list of mobile numbers will be extracted to serve as a master reference for Mobile Network Operators to activate data.
READ ALSO; Unisa Open Distance Learning 2024-2025
How Many Data Will You Receive For Free From Unisa For 2024-2025
- As a currently registered Unisa student (who is eligible to write examinations during the October to December examination period) and living in South Africa, you will receive 30GB of data per month (10GB anytime and 20GB night-time).
Read more on the UNISA CREDIT HOURS here
On Which Telecommunication Networks Can Unisa Students Recieve Free Data
You will receive free data on any of your unique numbers on the following networks:
- Cell C
Please follow the steps below to ensure that you receive your data:
- Make sure that your cellphone number is correct on myUnisa so we can provide data to you for your examinations.
- To update your details, log in to myUnisa, and click on myAdmin / Student Admin / Biographical Details / Update Contact Detail.
- Make sure the cellphone number is populated in the correct field when updating your detail (Cell Number field).
- Make sure that your cellphone number is RICA-ed.
- Should your current data contract be greater than what is provided by Unisa (30GB of data per month – 10GB anytime and 20GB night-time or 20GB of data per month – 10GB anytime and 10GB night-time), please provide an alternative number where data will be provisioned and also update the number on your Unisa profile.
- The Unisa Telkom provisioning is only for Telkom-to-Telkom services and doesn’t roam with other networks.
- Should you wish to receive data on a different number, please immediately update your profile with the preferred number.
- Data provisioning for Cell C, Vodacom and MTN happen mid-week. Note that Telkom data provisioning will be loaded on Friday of that week, based on Telkom’s standard operating procedure.
- The university will extract your existing information from its records, so please ensure that all updates and changes are done by no later than 12:00, 29 September 2024. The university will provide the data to you from 30 September 2024. Furthermore, ensure that you can access the data provisioned to you once data is provisioned.
How Do I Check My UNISA Data Bundle Balances
Be in control of your account at all times with all the basics at your fingertips on our MyMTN app.
- Dial *136#
- Buy voice and data bundles
- Manage your usage
- View balances or
- Download the MyMTN app for free by finding it in your supported app store: https://www.mtn.co.za/pages/apps.aspx?section=9
READ ALSO; How Do I Claim Unisa MTN Data 2024
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
While UNISA students do receive some connectivity support, such as free myLife data allocation and zero-rated access to myUnisa through Telkom, it’s essential to understand that free data packages for all students may not be universally available due to budgetary limitations. Visit the official Website of Unisa for more Details.