Does Unisa Give Free Data 2024/2025
Does Unisa Give Free Data 2024/2025
How to Claim MTN Free Data in 2024/2025:
UNISA, being one of the largest distance education institutions globally, has consistently aimed to enhance accessibility for its diverse student body. With the ongoing global shift towards online learning and remote education, the provision of free data could play a pivotal role in empowering students with the necessary tools to thrive in their academic pursuits. In this article, we will delve into the current state of data connectivity support at UNISA and explore the possibilities of whether the university will offer free data to its students in the year 2024.
Will UNISA Provide Free Data In 2024
- As a current Unisa student (eligible to write exams from October to December 2024) living in South Africa, you will receive 30GB of data per month (10GB anytime and 20GB at night) on the following networks – Cell C, MTN, and Vodacom, and 20GB of data per month (10GB anytime and 10GB at night) on Telkom for the exam period on the mobile number Unisa has on your profile. This means you will have enough data and internet to prepare for and complete your tests from October to December 2024.
READ ALSO; Can You Apply to Unisa Anytime 2024
How To Recieve UNISA Free Data In 2024
Please follow the steps below to ensure that you receive your data for the upcoming Examination 2024:
- Make sure that your cellphone number is correct on myUnisa so we can provide data to you for your examinations.
- To update your details, log in to myUnisa, and click on myAdmin / Student Admin / Biographical Details / Update Contact Detail.
- Make sure the cellphone number is populated in the correct field when updating your detail (Cell Number field).
- Make sure that your cellphone number is RICA-ed.
- Should your current data contract be greater than what is provided by Unisa (30GB of data per month – 10GB anytime and 20GB night-time or 20GB of data per month – 10GB anytime and 10GB night-time), please provide an alternative number where data will be provisioned and also update the number on your Unisa profile.
- The Unisa Telkom provisioning is only for Telkom-to-Telkom services and doesn’t roam with other networks.
- Should you wish to receive data on a different number, please immediately update your profile with the preferred number.
- Data provisioning for Cell C, Vodacom and MTN happen mid-week. Note that Telkom data provisioning will be loaded on Friday of that week, based on Telkom’s standard operating procedure.
- The university will extract your existing information from its records, so please ensure that all updates and changes are done by no later than September 2024. The university will provide the data to you from September 2024. Furthermore, ensure that you can access the data provisioned to you once data is provisioned.
Be in control of your account at all times with all the basics at your fingertips on our MyMTN app.
- Dial *136#
- Buy voice and data bundles
- Manage your usage
- View balances or
- Download the MyMTN app for free by finding it in your supported app store: https://www.mtn.co.za/pages/apps.aspx?section=9
The Importance of Data in Distance Learning
- Distance education’s success hinges on students’ ability to access learning materials, participate in online classes, and complete assignments virtually. For many, this means reliable and affordable internet access is essential. Institutions, recognizing this need, have often sought partnerships with telecom providers to alleviate data costs for students
What should I do if I do not wish to accept Unisa’s offer of 30G data?
- You are not required to claim the offer. If you change your mind, you have 30 days from the 19th of May 2024 to take advantage of this offer.
When will the payment process be active?
- The agreement will become life after the SMS notice is received, as specified in Step 7 of the Claim Your Unisa Data with MTN Process.
How long will the free data be available?
The data will be available for two months after activation.
READ ALSO; How Much is Unisa Application Fee 2024
0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
0800 075 278
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Directions to our campuses
read more on the UNISA Data here
While there is no definitive confirmation at this point regarding whether the University of South Africa (UNISA) will provide free data to its students in 2024, the institution’s commitment to accessibility and inclusivity remains strong. Visit the official website Of Unisa For More Details