Unisa Policing Courses 2024/2025
The University of South Africa is a reputable institution that offers a variety of policing courses for aspiring law enforcement professionals. These courses are designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in the field of policing. Whether you’re interested in becoming a police officer, detective, or forensic specialist, Unisa has a course that can help you achieve your career goals. This guide will give you an overview of Unisa’s policing courses for the years 2024 and 2025, including the different programs available, admission requirements, and career prospects.
To enrol in Unisa’s policing courses for 2024/2025, there are certain entry requirements that you need to meet. These requirements may vary depending on the specific program you’re interested in, so it’s important to carefully review the admission criteria for each course. Generally, applicants are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent qualification. Some programs may also require additional requirements, such as a certain grade point average or specific subjects studied in high school.
Once you’ve determined that you meet the entry requirements, you can proceed with the application process. Unisa has an online application system where you can submit your application and supporting documents. It’s important to pay attention to application deadlines and ensure that you provide all the necessary documentation, such as academic transcripts, identification documents, and any other requested materials.
Unisa Policing Courses Application Dates 2024/2025
The following are the dates to apply for a qualification at Unisa for the academic year 2024/2025:
- Unisa Undergraduate Qualification Application Dates 2024: Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Unisa Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas Application Dates 2024: Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Unisa Master’s & doctoral qualifications Application Dates 2024: Applications for admission to master’s and doctoral qualifications for the 2024 academic year (some exceptions apply) open from 14 September 2023 to 10 November 2023.
- Unisa Short Learning Programmes Application Dates 2024: Applications and registrations for short learning programmes for the 2024 academic year will open in November 2023. This website will be updated as information becomes available. Please visit this site regularly for updated information.
List Of Unisa Policing Courses Offered 2024/2025
Unisa offers numerous kinds of policing courses which include the following:
- ENG1503 – Academic Language and Literacy in English
- HFL1501 – Historical Foundations of South African Law
- ILW1501 – Introduction to Law
- INS1502 – Developing Information Skills for Lifelong Learning
- MNG1502 – Management IA
- MNG1602 – Management IB
- OVM1501 – Investigative Principles for Policing IA
- OVM1502 – Investigative Principles for Policing IB
- POL1501 – Crime Prevention Principles for Policing IA
- POL1502 – Crime Prevention Principles for Policing IB
- SJD1501 – Social Dimensions of Justice
- CRI2601 – Introduction to Crime Information Management Systems for Policing
- CRW2603 – Selected Topics of Criminal Law
- EPP2601 – Applied Communication in Policing Module I
- FUR2601 – Fundamental Rights
- MNG2601 – General Management
- OVM2601 – Investigative Principles for Policing IIA
- OVM2602 – Investigative Principles for Policing IIB
- POL2601 – Crime Prevention Principles for Policing IIA
- POL2602 – Crime Prevention Principles for Policing IIB
- PRF2601 – Introduction to Professionalism for Policing IIA
- PRF2602 – Introduction to Professionalism for Policing IIB
- CRI3701 – Crime Information Systems for Policing
- LEV3701 – Law of Evidence
- OVM3701 – Investigative Principles for Policing IIIA
- OVM3702 – Investigative Principles for Policing IIIB
- POL3701 – Crime Prevention Principles for Policing IIIA
- POL3702 – Crime Prevention Principles for Policing IIIB
- PRF3701 – Professionalism for Policing IIIA
- PRF3702 – Professionalism for Policing IIIB
Click HERE for More Details
Unisa Courses Policing Level
- NQF level: 6
- Total credits: 360
- SAQA ID: 101102
- APS/AS: 18
- Applicants (new applicants & Unisa students who applied for admission to a new qualification) may only register if they have received an offer of placement from Unisa and have accepted the offer online. Unisa reserves the right to not process and/or cancel your registration if it is found that you were incorrectly admitted to a qualification.
- Re-registering students may register for the 2024 academic year once the registration period opens.
You must take your available time into consideration when choosing your modules, as this will impact your academic performance. You need approximately
- 6 to 8 hours per week for semester modules.
- 4 to 6 hours per week for year modules.
READ ALSO: Unisa Nqf Level 5 Courses 2024/2025
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning this post, kindly leave them in the comments section provided below this post, or better still, you can visit the official website of Unisa for More Details.
OTHER RELATED LINKS: