Apply For Unisa Graduation Information 2024/2025
Apply For Unisa Graduation Information 2024/2025
Everything You Need to Know About Applying for Unisa Graduation in 2024/2025:
Professor Puleng LenkaBula, the principal and vice-chancellor of the University of South Africa (Unisa) once said “Graduations are the hallmark and pinnacle of trajectories that students of wisdom and knowledge in the various degree they undertake. Unisa usually holds multiple graduation ceremonies throughout the year, segmented by faculties. Each ceremony celebrates students from specific academic disciplines.
Being a Unisa graduate is a major accomplishment that should be joyfully acknowledged. You may make sure that your graduation day is as memorable as your academic career by being aware of the application procedure and requirements. Your certificate must, by law, accurately represent your entire name as it appears on your passport, identity document and school certificate. You, the graduate, are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the data at Unisa so that all official documentation reflects the current information. To ensure that graduation certificates are issued with the updated information, any change in biographical information must be submitted well in advance to ensure that graduation certificates are issued with the corrected information.
It’s essential to understand the steps and specifications for applying for graduation if you’re a student at the University of South Africa (Unisa) and hope to graduate in 2024 or 2025. This thorough guide will lead you through the process and provide you with all the details you need to make sure your application goes well. Don’t pass up this important turning point in your academic career.
Unisa Graduation Date 2024/2025
Unisa has published the graduation date on their official website but you on this website have been fortunate. Continue reading to see the actual date that the graduation for the 2024/2025 graduates will be open:
- The Spring graduation ceremonies for 2023 will be held from 26 September to 31 October 2023 and will be presented in 7 regions: Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town, East London, Mbombela, Polokwane and Bloemfontein. Click here for the contact information of the Division: Graduations.
- There is an audit process for every final-year student’s academic record. Confirmation of completion of your qualification can, therefore, not be issued at this stage. Upon completion of the audit process, the university will issue you a confirmation of completion of your qualification together with an official statement of results. If, by 31 August 2023, you have not received any information regarding the completion of your qualification, please send an e-mail to DSAR-FIAudit@unisa.ac.za
When Do Graduation Ceremonies Take Place At Unisa
Graduation has been scheduled in two main periods as listed below:
- March to June: Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban, East London, Mbombela, Polokwane and Pretoria
- September to November: Cape Town, Durban and Pretoria
- Students who have completed a degree, three-year diploma or postgraduate diploma will be invited to attend a graduation ceremony.
- Students who have completed a postgraduate certificate or an undergraduate (one or two-year) diploma or certificate will not be invited to attend a graduation ceremony. These qualifications are awarded in absentia. Students will be notified via e-mail as to where and when to collect their certificates.
When Will Student Be Confirmed For Graduation A Unisa
After examination results are released, a final-year student’s record is audited by the Directorate: Student Admissions and Registrations to verify the completion of qualification prior to the qualification status being changed from “Final year” to “Completed” by the Division: Graduations. The audit will be finalised as soon as possible after the examination results have been released.
Please note the following:
- The Division: Graduations will only notify you about the completion of your qualification once the audit has been finalised by the Directorate: Student Admissions and Registrations.
- You will receive an e-mail and SMS informing you that you have completed your qualification. An Advance Statement of Results – which will also confirm the completion of your qualification – will be sent to you via your myLife e-mail account.
- You will not receive any notification about the completion of a qualification if you have a pending disciplinary hearing, or owe any outstanding fees or library material.
Apply For Unisa Graduation Dress Information 2024/2025
In keeping with university traditions, you must wear the correct academic dress when attending your graduation ceremony. If you don’t, you might not be admitted to the graduation hall.
Please ensure that your academic dress complies with the university’s specifications for your qualification.
- It is your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for your academic dress for your graduation ceremony. The university does not facilitate any arrangements in this regard. Please ensure that you order your academic dress in time for your graduation ceremony. House of Graduates is Unisa’s official provider of academic dress. Click here for more information and click here for the price.
General academic dress specifications per qualification level:
- You must wear an academic cap, gown and hood. Click here for an example.
- Please do not wear the hoods of any previous qualifications – you may only wear the hood of the degree to be conferred.
Bachelor, honours and master’s degrees:
- Gown: Black gown, the same pattern as a Master of Arts gown of the University of Oxford or Cambridge
- Cap: Black with a black tassel
- Gown: Cardinal red with open sleeves lined in cardinal red
- Cap: Cardinal red with a tassel in the colour of the college concerned
You must wear an academic gown and a neckband. Diploma candidates do not wear a cap. Click here for an example:
- Gown: Black, the same pattern as that of a Master of Arts gown of the University of Oxford or Cambridge.
- Neckband: The neckband is not draped during the ceremony. Please wear the neckband when entering the hall. Do not wear the neckbands of previous qualifications.
For More info on graduation at Unisa, Click >>HERE.
UNISA Contact Details
For more enquiries and in-depth information, use the below contact details to contact Unisa:
- 0800 00 1870
- Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning the above post, kindly leave them in the comment section provided below or better still you can visit the official website of Unisa for more Details.
Other Related Posts: