Unisa Application LLB 2024/2025
Unisa Application LLB 2024/2025
Everything You Need to Know About the Unisa LLB Application Process 2024/2025:
The qualification, therefore, sets a minimum standard of outcomes with which all LLB qualifications of at least 480 credits within the ‘career-focused track’ of the NQF would have to comply for accreditation. This qualification does not seek to make all LLB degrees identical but rather to provide a framework within which providers can be innovative and stakeholder-driven in a liberated way.
Unisa’s aim of offering LLB qualifications is to produce law graduates who have a systematic and coherent body of knowledge and an understanding of relevant concepts and principles, a high level of cognitive and other generic skills including problem-solving and the practical application of principles; written and spoken communication, numeracy and computer literacy; and competence in applying knowledge through basic research methods and practice.
It’s essential to comprehend the application procedure if you plan to pursue an LLB degree at Unisa in 2024 /2025. This manual will walk you through the application process step-by-step so you have all the information you need to submit an effective application.
Unisa Application Date For LLB 2024/2025
- Applications for admission to master’s and doctoral qualifications for the 2024 academic year (some exceptions apply) open from 14 September 2023 to 10 November 2023.
Who Is Eligible To Apply For LLB Qualification At Unisa For 2024/2025
- Applicants (new applicants & Unisa students who applied for admission to a new qualification) may only register if they have received an offer of placement from Unisa and have accepted the offer online. Unisa reserves the right to not process and/or cancel your registration if it is found that you were incorrectly admitted to a qualification.
- Re-registering students may register for the 2023 academic year once the registration period opens.
Unisa LLB Courses And Programmes Offered For 2024/2025
Unisa offers a lot of LLB modules as listed below:
Group A. Compulsory:
- AFL1501 – Language Through an African Lens
- FAC1503 – Financial Accounting Principles for Law Practitioners
- HFL1501 – Historical Foundations of South African Law
- ILW1501 – Introduction to Law
- IRM1501 – Introduction to Research Methodology for Law and Criminal Justice
- PLS1502 – Introduction to African Philosophy
- PVL1501 – Law of Persons
- SCL1501 – Skills Course for Law Students
- SJD1501 – Social Dimensions of Justice
Group B: Choose ONE of the following non-law modules at NQF level 5
- CMY1501 – Introduction to Criminology: Crime, Offenders and Criminal Behaviour
- CMY1502 – Introduction to Criminology: Victims and Reduction of Crime
- LIN1502 – Multilingualism: the Role of Language in the South African Context
For the full list of Unisa LLB qualifications, Click >>HERE.
Unisa Application Requirements For LLB 2024/2025
If you are applying for admission into LLB programmes, you should be providing the following documents:
Each Unisa qualification is structured in such a way that you need to pass a certain number of NQF-level credits within a certain amount of time in order to graduate.
- Co-requisite: Module A is a co-requisite for Module B. You want to register for Module B but have not yet passed Module A. You must then register for both Modules A and B simultaneously. You may NOT cancel your registration for Module A unless Module B is also cancelled.
- Pre-requisite: If Module A is a pre-requisite for Module B, you must pass Module A before you may register for Module B.
You may not register for more than the allowed maximum number of credits/modules per academic year and/or semester: 60 credits per semester or 120 credits per academic year.
The maximum number of credits does not include supplementary and/or aegrotat examinations from a previous semester. Modules taken for non-degree / non-diploma purposes also count towards the maximum number of credits allowed.
You must take your available time into consideration when choosing your modules, as this will impact your academic performance. You need approximately
- 6 to 8 hours per week for semester modules.
- 4 to 6 hours per week for year modules.
You will also need the following documents:
- Academic records and certificates.
- Valid identification.
- Proof of residence.
- Any other documents Unisa specifies.
Pay the online application fee of R135,00 once you have received your Unisa student number.
- The application fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa or do not qualify for admission to Unisa.
- Use the student number you receive from Unisa AND the application fee reference number (e.g. STUDENT NUMBER 5370810030).
- Send your proof of payment to email@example.com
- Visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for Unisa’s payment methods and banking details.
An application for a student number does not constitute an application for admission. After you receive your student number, you must still complete the online application for the admission process and upload the compulsory supporting documents.
Unisa Application Procedure For LLB 2024/2025
The following are the procedures guiding you ion applying fopr admission into the Unisa LLB qualifications for theacademic year 20242/2025:
- Visit Unisa’s official application portal.
- Register as a new user or log in if you’ve interacted with the platform before.
- Choose the LLB program from the list of offerings.
- Fill in all necessary details with precision.
- Upload the previously collated documents.
- Submit your application.
UNISA Contact Details
For more enquiries and in-depth information, use the below contact details to contact Unisa:
- 0800 00 1870
- Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning the above post, kindly leave them in the comment section provided below or better still you can visit the official website of Unisa for more Details.
OTHER RELATED LINKS: