Is NSFAS Open For 2024/2025 At Unisa
Is NSFAS Open For 2024/2025 At Unisa
Important Dates and Information for NSFAS Applications at UNISA for 2024/2025:
Do you wish to study or are already studying at the University Of South Africa and come from a family with an income of R350 000 or less, then apply for Nsfas. NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
As the academic year 2024/2025 approaches, a lot of Unisa students are asking if Nsfas will open for them to apply. Every year, Nsfas opens its doors for Unisa students who are qualified and eligible to apply for the Nsfas fund to cater for tuition, accommodation, meals, transport etc. For the academic year 2024/2025, Unisa students can begin their Nsfas online applications from the 28th of September 2023 and the applications will be closing on the 31st of January 2024.
The University of South Africa (Unisa) stands as one of the nation’s pillars for distance learning, and for many South African students, funding from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is the bridge to realizing their academic dreams. As the new academic cycle looms, the million-rand question for many is: “Is NSFAS open for 2024/2025 applications at Unisa?
Nsfas Open Date For Unisa Students 2024/2025
All unisa student are to commence their Nsfas online application for the 2024/2025 academic year by the dates below:
- Nsfas Open Date For UNisa 2024: The online application date open for Nsfas commences on the 28th of September 2023
- Nsfas Application Deadline For Unisa 2024: The application deadline for Nsfas 2024 is the 31st of January 2024.
Unisa Students Eligible To Apply For Nsfas For 2024/2025
You qualify for Nsfas if you are:
- A South African citizen
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
What Does Nsfas Cover For Students Of Unisa 2024/2025
The amounts indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines. Nsfas caters for the following:
- Accommodation (As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
The documents below must be submitted when applying for Nsfas:
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified ID copies of household members
- Proof of income
- Consent form
- Prove of disability
- Prove of being an orphan
- Death certificates
- If parents are divorced or separated
- Sworn affidavits
- Proof of residence
How To Apply For Nsfas As A Unisa Student Foe 2024/2025
Kindly follow the below process to apply for Nsfas:
Create a myNSFAS Account:
- Visit the NSFAS website (www.nsfas.org.za).
- Click on the “myNSFAS” tab or the “Apply” tab.
- Register as a new user by providing personal details.
- Once registered, you’ll receive a username and password to log in.
Log in and Apply:
- Use your username and password to log into your myNSFAS account.
- Click on the “Apply” tab.
- Carefully read and understand the terms and conditions, then accept them to proceed.
Fill in the Application Form:
- Provide all the requested details accurately.
- It’s essential to provide correct and up-to-date contact details so NSFAS can communicate with you regarding your application.
Upload Supporting Documents:
- Attach all the necessary supporting documents (like ID, proof of income, academic records, etc.) as per the requirements. Ensure that the documents are clear and legible.
Submit Your Application:
- Once all sections of the application form are completed and documents are uploaded, you can submit your application.
- You should receive a reference number upon successful submission. Keep this number safe, as it’s essential for tracking and inquiries.
Check Application Status:
- After submitting your application, regularly log into your myNSFAS account to check the status of your application.
- NSFAS will notify you of the outcome of your application once it has been processed. This can be through SMS, email, or through the myNSFAS portal.
Sign the NSFAS Bursary Agreement:
- If your application is successful, you’ll need to sign the NSFAS Bursary Agreement (NBA). This is a legal document outlining the obligations and commitments between you and NSFAS.
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Contact Details Of Nsfas
- Website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Phone: 08000 67327 (This is a toll-free number when dialled from a South African landline)
- Email: email@example.com
- Physical Address: NSFAS Loans & Bursaries Office 10 Brodie Road, House Vincent, 2nd Floor Wynberg, Cape Town 7700
- Postal Address: Private Bag X1, Plumstead 7801, South Africa
If your NSFAS application is provisionally approved, you do not need to pay the minimum registration fee. Your registration will be automatically activated based on the NSFAS funding confirmation received by Unisa. Visit the official Website Of Unisa For More Details
Other Related Posts: