How Many Points Needed To Study Teaching In Unisa 2024/2025
How Many APS Points Needed To Study Teaching In Unisa 2024/2025
What are the Admission Requirements for Teaching at UNISA in 2024/2025:
Many students aim to work as teachers, influencing future generations by instilling knowledge and morals. With a variety of degrees available to prepare students for their chosen profession, the University of South Africa (Unisa) is a well-liked choice for these aspiring teachers. But how many points are required to enrol in Unisa’s 2024–2025 teaching programme?
The University of South Africa (UNISA) is well-known for its dedication to teacher education quality. If you want to shape young minds and make a difference in the lives of future generations, UNISA may be the place to start. Understanding the points required for admittance into the teacher education programme is a critical component of commencing on this path.
This article will go over the precise points and admission requirements that you will need to pursue your teaching goals at UNISA. It will also give you essential insights to help you prepare for and realise your goal of becoming a teacher, from the application process through the selection criteria.
UNISA Teaching Program Application Period and Deadlines Date 2024/2025
Many are prospective applicants that are asking if Unisa is Open For 2024/2025 Applications For Teaching, the answer is yes, currently applications are open at Unisa For the academic year 20-24-=2025 and you can apply by the following dates:
- Undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees): 1st of September 2023 – 13th October 2023
- Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas: Applications will be opening from the 1st of September 2023 to the 13th of October 2023.
- Master’s & doctoral qualifications: Application dates for the 2024 academic year for master’s and doctoral qualifications (some exceptions apply) will be announced soon.
- Short Learning Programmes: Applications and registrations for short learning programmes for the 2024 academic year will open in November 2023. This website will be updated as information becomes available. Please visit this site regularly for updated information.
How Many APS Points Needed To Study Teaching In Unisa 2024
Teaching courses and programmes offered at Unisa for the academic year will need the following APS points:
- Higher Certificate In Education: Estimated APS: 15 points (This value can change; refer to Unisa’s official website)
- Advanced Certificate: Estimated APS: 50 points
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Senior and FET Phase): Estimated APS: 42 points
- Diploma In Grade R Teaching: Estimated APS: 18 points
- Advanced Diploma In Computer Integrated Education: Estimated APS: 60
- Bachelor of Education in Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching: Estimated APS: 23
Click Here For More Details OPf APS Teaching courses at Unisa
the entrance requirements, You must precisely satisfy the entrance requirements for the qualification you have chosen in order to be admitted to Unisa for the next academic year.
You will be admitted to Unisa if you meet the exact entrance requirements for your selected qualification.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with at least 40% in the teaching and learning language, or
- a Senior Certificate (SC) in the language of teaching and learning with at least an E symbol on HG or a D symbol on SG, or
- a National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4 with an NSC equivalent of at least 40% in the language of teaching and learning.
Please keep in mind that the Higher Certificate in Education is not a Professional Teaching Qualification.
APS Calculation At UNISA
- It is critical to calculate your APS correctly in order to evaluate your eligibility. The APS computation is based on your final Grade 12 scores in specified subjects. Each university has its own APS scale, thus UNISA’s APS scale may differ from that of other institutions.
- The APS score is calculated by summing the scores of your six best subjects, omitting Life Orientation. Each subject is assigned a particular amount of points, usually ranging from 1 to 7, based on your percentage achievement.
Who Can Apply to UNISA’s Education Programme in 2024
you can only apply to the education program if;
- Only applicants who have previously received and accepted a placement offer from Unisa online, including new applicants and Unisa students who requested admission to a new qualification, are eligible to enrol. If it is proven that you were admitted to a qualification incorrectly, Unisa reserves the right to refuse to process and/or delete your registration.
- Students who have previously registered may re-enrol when registration for the academic year 2024 opens.
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
By understanding the admission requirements and the significance of the Admission Points Score (APS), you can take the first step toward realizing your dream of making a difference in the lives of learners. Visit The official website of Unisa for more details