How Many Points Are Needed For Teaching 2024/2025
How Many Points Are Needed For Unisa Teaching 2024/2025
2024/2025 Teaching Point Requirements: What You Need to Know:
The requirements to enter the esteemed profession of teaching change along with the educational landscape. The point system employed by educational institutions for admittance is one of the subjects that aspiring teachers discuss the most. Let’s learn the complexities of the point system and determine how many points are necessary for a teaching course as we approach the academic year 2024/2025.
A point system is used by the majority of higher education institutions to evaluate a student’s academic performance and determine their course eligibility. Each grade earned during the senior year of high school (or an equivalent) is often given a certain amount of points. Institutions utilise the total of these points to generate an overall score that they use to evaluate applications.
While the point system gives institutions an organised way to evaluate applicants, it only represents one aspect of the complex world of teaching admissions. Being knowledgeable and adaptable will continue to be essential for beginning a fruitful teaching profession as the academic calendar of 2024–2025 gets closer.
Minimum Requirement for the Unisa Teaching Programme 2024
the prerequisites for admission, To get admitted to Unisa for the upcoming academic year, you must precisely satisfy the entry requirements for the qualification you have chosen.
If you precisely match the entrance requirements for your chosen qualification, you will be admitted to Unisa.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with at least 40% in the teaching and learning language, or
- a Senior Certificate (SC) in the language of teaching and learning with at least an E symbol on HG or a D symbol on SG, or
- a National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4 with an NSC equivalent of at least 40% in the language of teaching and learning.
Please keep in mind that the Higher Certificate in Education is not a Professional Teaching Qualification.
How Many Points Are Needed For Teaching 2024
For the academic year 2024/2025, while specific points might vary among institutions and countries, a general trend can be observed:
Foundation Phase Teaching:
- Often seen as the entry point into the teaching profession, courses focusing on the foundational phase generally require a minimum point range of about 24-28 points
Intermediate and Senior Phase Teaching:
- As one progresses to teach higher grades, the point requirements might increase, falling in the specific number of about 28-32 points
Specialized Teaching Programs:
- Courses such as those focusing on special education or advanced pedagogical techniques might demand a higher point aggregate, sometimes even exceeding a specific number of about 34 points.
- Apart from academic scores, some institutions also take extracurricular achievements, leadership roles, or personal interviews into account, which might influence the points required for admission.
To determine your eligibility, it is essential to compute your APS accurately. Your final Grade 12 results in the designated topics are used to calculate your APS. The APS scale used by UNISA may not be the same as that used by other universities because each university has its own APS scale.
The APS score is determined by adding the grades from your top six topics while leaving out Life Orientation. Based on your percentage achievement, a specific number of points, often between 1 and 7, are allocated to each subject.
UNISA Points For Teaching Program 2024/2025
The following are the points for Unisa Teaching programmes and courses:
- APS/AS: 18
UNISA Higher Certificates In Teaching Duration
- Maximum time to complete this qualification: 3 years
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Becoming a teacher at UNISA is a rewarding and fulfilling journey. By understanding the admission requirements and the significance of the Admission Points Score (APS), you can take the first step toward realizing your dream of making a difference in the lives of learners. Visit The official website of Unisa for more details