Unisa Social Work Courses 2024/2025
Unisa Social Work Courses Application 2024/2025
Nurturing Compassion: UNISA Social Work Courses 2024/2025:
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on society and helping vulnerable individuals and communities? The University of South Africa (Unisa) offers comprehensive and empowering Social Work courses that can turn your passion into a rewarding career. As a leading distance learning institution, Unisa provides the flexibility you need to pursue your higher education while continuing with your other commitments. This post delves into the world of Unisa Social Work courses, exploring the dynamic programs and the incredible opportunities they offer to shape a better future for individuals and communities in need.
UNISA’s Social Work courses are designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to address societal challenges, promote well-being, and advocate for vulnerable populations. Social workers play a pivotal role in fostering positive change in communities.
Unisa Social Work Courses Application Date 2024/2025
- Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2024 academic year will open from 01 September to 13 October 2023.
Unisa Social Work Courses 2024/2025
The following are the social work courses offered at Unisa for 2024/2025:
- AFL1501 – Language Through an African Lens
- BSW1501 – Introduction to Social Welfare and Social Work
- BSW1502 – Introduction to Social Work as a Profession
- BSW1503 – Introduction to the Landscape of Social Work Practice Co-requisite:
- ENN1504 – Practising Workplace English
- PYC1501 – Basic Psychology
- PYC1502 – Psychology in Society
- SOC1501 – Community, Society and Inequality in a Globalised World: Introduction to Sociology
- SOC1502 – Understanding South Africa: Families, Education, Identities and Inequality
- Group B. Select 1 module from the following:
- APY1501 – Anthropology in a Diverse World
- CMY1501 – Introduction to Criminology: Crime, Offenders and Criminal Behaviour
- CMY1502 – Introduction to Criminology: Victims and Reduction of Crime
- DVA1501 – Introduction to Development Studies
Click Here For More Details
You must fulfil the exact entrance requirements for the qualification you have chosen in order to be admitted to Unisa.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Degree endorsement with a minimum of 60% for English as the language of teaching and learning and 60% for a further four content subjects in their matric final examination;
- a Senior Certificate (SC) with matriculation exemption or qualify for the exemption from the Matriculation Board with at least a C symbol on HG or a B symbol on SG in the language of teaching and learning and 60% for any four content subjects;
- a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with degree endorsement/ A Senior Certificate with exemption and a Certificate in Social
- Auxiliary Work (NQF Level 4) with one year of professional practice as a registered Social Auxiliary Worker; or relevant Higher Certificate at NQF Level 5.
Furthermore, applicants should take note that this is a selection qualification, in which they will be assessed to ascertain suitability for the profession.
In addition to the above requirements, applicants will be subjected to the following:
- Police clearance for criminal convictions checks aligned with the definition of a ‘fit and proper person’ by the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP). Applicants must submit this clearance certificate at the time of registration,
- Two testimonials from credible sources, such as a school leader, a religious leader, or a community leader.
Students must be registered with the SACSSP during their second level of studies. The Department of Social Work at UNISA will facilitate registration with the Council.
READ ALSO; Unisa 1 Year Courses 2024/2025
Unisa Social Work Courses Application Fee 2024/2025
Pay the application fee once you’ve received your student number:
- R135 for online applications
- Use the student number you receive from Unisa AND the application fee reference number (ie YOUR STUDENT NUMBER 5370810030)
- Send the proof of payment to email@example.com
- Visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for banking details and payment information
Please note that this application fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available.
READ ALSO; Unisa Dentistry Course 2024/2025
UNISA Contact 2024/2025
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
UNISA’s social work courses offer a transformative educational experience for aspiring social work professionals. With a flexible learning approach, esteemed faculty, comprehensive curriculum, and valuable field placements, students are equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to make a positive impact on society. If you’re passionate about social justice and making a difference in people’s lives, UNISA’s social work programs might be the perfect pathway to a rewarding and fulfilling career in the field of social work.