Unisa Short Courses 2024/2025
Unisa Short Courses Application 2024/2025
Discover the Exciting Unisa Short Courses Offered in 2024/2025:
Are you looking to enhance your skills, boost your career prospects, or explore a new field of interest? The University of South Africa (UNISA) offers a diverse range of short courses in the 2024 academic year, providing an excellent platform for personal and professional growth. Whether you’re a working professional seeking to upskill or a student eager to gain additional knowledge, UNISA’s short courses are tailored to meet your unique learning needs.
Unisa’s Short Learning Programmes (SLPs) are introductory, practical, non-degree programmes meant to develop skills and knowledge in a chosen subject field in a quick and effective manner. They are intended to update or broaden students’ skills and knowledge in a specific area by covering fundamental key concepts. The SLPs follow a “just enough” learning approach, which means that they are designed to meet a potential student’s specific learning need or a unique employment requirement.
Unisa Short Courses Application Date For 2024/2025
If you would like to enrol for a short course or program at the University of South Africa, you must apply by the date below:
- 2024/2025 Application Date For Short Courses And Programmes: Applications and registrations for short learning programmes for the 2024 academic year will open in November 2023. This website will be updated as information becomes available. Please visit this site regularly for updated information.
- Semester 2 registration for Short Learning Programmes: It’s open for limited programmes only from May to July 2024.
READ ALSO; Unisa Bridging Course for Teaching 2024
Who Is Eligible To Apply for Unisa Short Courses For 2024
Everyone wanting to start a new Short Learning Programme must apply for admission. This includes
- First-time Unisa applicants.
- Unisa students changing to a new Short Learning Programme.
- Applicants who previously applied for admission and were not offered a space.
Unisa Short Courses And Programmes Available For 2024/2025
The following are the short courses offered at Unisa:
- Advanced Corporate Law and Securities Law (76228)
- Advanced Course in Diplomacy Studies (77116)
- Advanced Course in Good Governance in Africa (77112)
- Advanced Course in Humanitarian and Development Leadership (77119)
- Advanced Course in Intelligence Management (77115)
- Advanced Course in Security Management on the African Continent within a Global Context (77117)
- Advanced Course in Thought Leadership for Africa’s Renewal (77114)
- Advanced Course in the Facilitation of Learning for Tutors in Higher Education (76700)
- Advanced Programme in Children s Rights (76959)
- Advanced Programme in Dynamics of Peace and Conflict in Africa (77118)
- Advanced Programme in Policy Making and Analysis for Africa’s Development (77113)
Advanced Short Course
- Advanced Short Course in Africa and Marine Law (77086)
- Advanced Short Course in Intellectual Property Management and Innovation (76818)
- Course In Agricultural and Food Law of South Africa (77076)
- Course in C++ Programming (70181)
- Course in Computer Networks (70025)
- Course in Ethics for Industrial and Organisational Psychology Practice (77010)
- Course in Foundation Music Theory (76998)
- Course in Fundamental Accounting (70866)
- Course in Fundamentals of Banking and Risk Management (72176)
- Course in Personal Financial Management (71056)
- Course in Share and Forex Trading (76988)
- Course in Taxation (70971)
- Course in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults (71987)
- Course in The Application of Climate-Smart Agriculture as a Sustainable Agricultural Practice (77098)
- Course in the Introduction to Corporate Governance (71978)
- Course in the Introduction to Java Programming (70602)
- Course in the Introduction to Supply Chain Management (77047)
- Programme in Accelerated Public Management Development (76643)
- Programme in Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Project Management (ODL) (72524)
- Programme in Credit Management (76812)
- Programme in Cultural Policy and Management (7070X)
- Programme in Disaster Management (ODL) (72532)
- Programme in Industrial Engineering (76837)
- Programme in International Freight Management and Administration for Importers and Exporters (01929)
- Programme in Local Government Management (ODL) (76082)
- Programme in Marketing Management (71765)
- Programme in Public Administration and Management (ODL) (76777)
- Programme in Sales and Marketing (76694)
- Programme in fundamentals aspects of children’s rights (77111)
Click Here for the full list of Short Courses offered at Unisa.
- Developing a Project Plan for an Advocacy Campaign on HIV and AIDS (72567)
- Short Course in Advanced Information Security (76808)
- Short Course in Applied Information Security (76809)
- Short Course in Applied Project Management in an Information Technology Environment (70467)
- Short Course in Barista Skills (76901)
- Short Course in Basic Business Finance (71307)
- Short Course in Basic Financial Life Skills (7182X)
- Short Course in Biblical Hebrew Beginners (77032)
- Short Course in Database Design (70041)
- Short Course in Database Implementation (7554X)
- Short Course in Designing and Implementing Telecommunication Networks (70157)
- Short Course in Developing Web Applications with PHP (72095)
- Short Course in Employee Wellness (71579)
- Short Course in Environmental Law & Environmental Management Legal Enforcement (76983)
- Short Course in Environmental Law and Liabilities for the Regulated Community (76973)
- Short Course in I-SET Robotics Problem-solving, Data and Debugging (76984)
- Short Course in Introduction to Information Security (70610)
- Short Course in Introduction to Internet and Web Design (70076)
- Short Course in Introduction to Visual Basic.Net Programming (70122)
- Short Course in Introduction to Visual C#.Net (76804)
- Short Course in Mainstreaming HIV and AIDS into Academic Development, Research and Community Engagement (75523)
- Short Course in Practical Guidelines in Building Stakeholder Relations (76852)
- Short Course in Public Competition Law (77056)
- Short Course in Refugee Law and Humanitarian Support (72877)
- Short Course in SMME Management (72087)
- Short Course in Strategic Information Systems Planning in Practice (75566)
- Short Course in Student Support And Academic Development (76933)
- Short Course in Teaching Accounting in Further Education and Training (FET) Phase (77027)
- Short Course in the Introduction to Agribusiness Management (72621)
- Short Course in the Introduction to Creative Writing (72052)
- Short Course in the Psychology of Mentorship (76815)
- A short course in the Orientation and Background to HIV Aids Care and Counselling (76968)
- Emotional Intelligence Workshop: Self in Relation to Others (76785)
- Workshop in Advanced Archives and Records Management (AARM) (77704)
- Workshop in Basic Archives and Records Management (BARM) (77702)
- Workshop in Intermediate Archives and Records Management (IARM) (77703)
- Workshop in Nutrition and Food Safety (76602)
READ ALSO; Unisa Undergraduate Application 2024-2025
Documents Needed When Applying For Short Courses And Programmes At Unisa For 2024/2025
Applicants are to upload the following documents when applying for Short courses:
- Copy of your school qualifications (e.g. National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- Any additional documents as may be required for a specific Short Learning Programme
Unisa Short Courses Application Fee For 2024/2025
- There is no application fee when applying for Short Learning Programmes.
Follow the below process to apply for a short course at Unisa:
- Apply online for all Short Learning Programmes.
- Click here for guidelines on how to apply.
- Upload supporting documents
- Everyone applying for a new Short Learning Programme must submit the required documents. The due date for uploading the required documents is the closing date for applications. No documents submitted after the closing date for applications will be accepted.
- Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the application process.
- Please ensure that your application is complete. No incomplete applications will be accepted.
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
UNISA short courses in 2024 offer a gateway to a world of opportunities, providing a flexible and accessible means of personal and professional development. As we’ve explored in this guide, these short courses are designed to cater to a wide range of interests and career aspirations, allowing individuals from all walks of life to acquire valuable skills and knowledge. Visit The Official Website Of Unisa For More Details.