Unisa Registration 2024/2025 Closing Date
Unisa Registration 2024/2025 Closing Date
Unisa Registration 2024/2025 Closing Date: Secure Your Educational Future:
The registration window for the academic year 2024/2025 second semester for Unisa is now open for prospective registrants to register and enrol for a course of their choice. Registration at Unisa is the process by which students formally enrol in courses or programs offered by the university. Unisa is a distance education institution, and registration is done online through the official website and student portal known as “MyUnisa.”
Before registration, prospective students need to apply for admission to their chosen program or course. Unisa normally announces application periods well in advance. Students provide necessary documentation during this phase, such as academic transcripts and identification.
After submitting an application, Unisa reviews the applicant’s qualifications and eligibility. Once accepted, the university provides an offer of admission, and the applicant can proceed to registration. To register, students need to create or log in to their MyUnisa account. This online portal serves as the central hub for all registration-related activities.
Unisa Online Registration Date For Second Semester 2024/2025
Unisa will open its registration window for the academic year 2024/2025 by the below dates:
- Unisa Registration Open Date 2024: Unisa will open its online registration for the 2024/2025 study year on the 9th of January 2024.
- Unisa Registration Deadline 2024: The deadline for Unisa registration 2024 is on the 3rd of February 2024.
- Master’s and doctoral: 9 January – 31 March 2024
Online registration dates for Undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, diplomas & degrees, advanced certificates, advanced diplomas, BTechs & postgraduate certificates), honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas is as follows:
- Semester & year modules (including CTA): 3 July – 28 February 2024
- Students writing year module exams in January/February 2020: 3 July – 28 July 2024
- Master’s & doctoral degrees: 3 July – 28 July 2024 (with some exceptions)
The final date for the initial minimum payment so that your registration can be finalised remains August 2024
Selection and application for 2024: here’s what you should know
Unisa’s application model is open and continuous, which means that applications remain open throughout the year.
Please take note of the following:
- During the period 3 January to 7 March 2024, all applications for admission must be submitted online. No self-help stations will be available for applications at the regional offices.
- Admission to a qualification is not automatic. It will depend on whether you comply with the admission requirements and if space is available.
- Not all qualifications are available all the time. Only the qualifications where there is space available will be available on the online application form.
Unisa is known as a provider of fair and equitable access to higher education opportunities. Flowing from its social responsibility to address past inequalities, Unisa has an application and selection process that effectively addresses historical imbalances without sacrificing quality standards.
This process promotes focused attention towards improved student support, and the alignment of our new student intake with the available academic capacity and required infrastructure to maximise all students’ chances of success.
READ ALSO; My Unisa Application Accepts Offer 2024/2025
What Does The Selection Process Entail
- At the heart of the selection process is a calculation of your individual points score, which takes into account your final Grade 12 marks and other key factors such as the school you attended, and your gender, socio-economic group, race, and so on.
- Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements, and the required academic points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s). A higher certificate requires a minimum APS of 15, a diploma a minimum APS of 18 and a bachelor’s degree a minimum APS of 21 or more (some exceptions apply).
- It is important to note that you will not automatically be accepted to study through Unisa in semester 1 of 2024. Students will be accommodated on the basis of the number of places available for each qualification. Unisa Registration 2024 Closing Date
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your qualifications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie semester 1).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another applicant.
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission (ie semester 1). Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
Who Must Apply
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialisation.
- If you are completing a higher certificate or alternative pathway / extended programme, you must apply for admission if you want to continue with further undergraduate studies.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and were offered a space, but did not accept the offer and/or did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission. Unisa Registration 2022 Closing Date
READ ALSO; Unisa Registration 2024 Closing Date
For more enquiries and in-depth information, use the below contact details to contact Unisa:
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning the above post, kindly leave them in the comment section provided below or better still you can visit the official website of Unisa for more Details.
OTHER RELATED LINKS: