Unisa E-Tutor Application Form 2024/2025
Unisa E-Tutor Application Form 2024/2025
Download Unisa E-Tutor Application Form 2024
UNISA is the only publicly funded institution in South Africa dedicated to open and distance education. In keeping with its mandate as a comprehensive, open and distance learning tertiary institution offering a variety of academic and career-focused programmes, the University is inviting applications for services as Online Tutors (E-tutors) on an independent contract basis.
The e-Tutoring programme at Unisa is more than just an online tutoring job. For students who might not have the luxury of attending traditional classrooms, it’s about leveraging the power of digital tools to create interactive, engaging, and successful learning environments. To be eligible for the Unisa E-Tutor program, applicants must meet certain requirements. Applicants must have successfully completed the relevant course or module they wish to tutor. It is also important for applicants to have a strong academic record and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Finally, applicants must be available to commit to the program for the duration of the academic year.
The Unisa E-Tutor programme can be the ideal option for you if you’re passionate about tutoring and want to advance your abilities. You will find all the information you need to successfully apply for the programme for the academic year 2024/2025 in this article. This post got you covered on everything from eligibility requirements to the application procedure.
Unisa E-Tutor Application Deadline 2024/2025
- The application deadline for the position as an E-tutor for the academic year 2024/2025 is on 09 January 2024 (Application must be emailed before the close of business at 16:00). Late, incomplete, and incorrect applications will not be considered.
- Ability to work with diverse students
- Willingness to undergo training on various aspects of tutoring
E-Tutors will have the following duties:
- Facilitate online delivery of tutorials
- Manage student’s online learning experiences
- Facilitate students’ online interactions with their peers
- Provide students with online academic and technical support
To be considered as an E-tutor, you must meet the following requirements:
- Not be a Unisa Fixed Term or Permanent staff member.
- Ongoing access to an Internet connection at your own cost.
- Own copies of software packages that may be required for teaching e.g. Internet browsers, word processing etc.
- Only applicants with the relevant qualifications will be considered.
- Please do not apply If you are currently appointed as a Unisa e-tutor or Teaching Assistant
- Advanced computer and Internet skills i.e. no training will be provided in using software packages, Internet sites or emails.
- Advanced communication skills and proficiency in English (students’ communication will mostly be text-based via my Unisa and discussion forums).
- Commitment to meeting deadlines and a passion for student-centred learning.
- Friendly, patient and sensitive to a diversity of students
- Not be regarded as an employee of Unisa
- Not be entitled to any benefits such as medical aid, office space, equipment, or leave (including sick leave), in terms of the UNISA conditions of service
- Be expected to provide your own infrastructure i.e. your own computer, your own Internet access, workspace and any other office-related equipment
- Work in your own time in completing online teaching tasks to a total of 75hrs per semester (excluding marking)
- You may also be required to mark students’ assignments and examinations. If this is the case, this will be specified in an independent task agreement with its own remuneration
- If you are already appointed for the E-Tutor /Teaching Assistant position please do not apply again.Unisa E-Tutor Application Form 2024
UNISA Contact Details
For more enquiries and in-depth information, use the below contact details to contact Unisa:
- 0800 00 1870
- Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning the above post, kindly leave them in the comment section provided below or better still you can visit the official website of Unisa for more Details.
Other Related Posts: