Unisa Courses Social Worker 2024/2025
Unisa Courses Social Worker 2024/2025
Shaping Tomorrow’s Communities: UNISA Courses for Social Workers 2024/2025:
The social work courses offered by UNISA in 2024/2025 give students the chance to pursue a rewarding and influential career in the field. You can start a life of compassion and advocacy, changing the lives of people and communities, by doing extensive study, meeting admission standards, and submitting a well-prepared application.
UNISA’s Social Work courses are designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to address societal challenges, promote well-being, and advocate for vulnerable populations. Social workers play a pivotal role in fostering positive change in communities.
For the academic year 2024–2025, the University of South Africa (UNISA) is offering a variety of social work courses that might help you transform your compassion into a lucrative career. We’ll go into the UNISA social work courses in this post, offering data on the curriculum, prerequisites, and the significant influence social workers may have.
Unisa Social Work Courses Application Date 2024/2025
- Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2024 academic year will open from 01 September to 13 October 2023.
READ ALSO; Unisa Dentistry Course 2024/2025
Unisa Social Work Courses 2024/2025
The following are the social work courses offered at Unisa for 2024/2025:
- AFL1501 – Language Through an African Lens
- BSW1501 – Introduction to Social Welfare and Social Work
- BSW1502 – Introduction to Social Work as a Profession
- BSW1503 – Introduction to the Landscape of Social Work Practice Co-requisite:
- ENN1504 – Practising Workplace English
- PYC1501 – Basic Psychology
- PYC1502 – Psychology in Society
- SOC1501 – Community, Society and Inequality in a Globalised World: Introduction to Sociology
- SOC1502 – Understanding South Africa: Families, Education, Identities and Inequality
- Group B. Select 1 module from the following:
- APY1501 – Anthropology in a Diverse World
- CMY1501 – Introduction to Criminology: Crime, Offenders and Criminal Behaviour
- CMY1502 – Introduction to Criminology: Victims and Reduction of Crime
- DVA1501 – Introduction to Development Studies
Click Here For More Details
Unisa Social Work Courses Admission Requirements 2024/2025
You must fulfil the exact entrance requirements for the qualification you have chosen in order to be admitted to Unisa.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Degree endorsement with a minimum of 60% for English as the language of teaching and learning and 60% for a further four content subjects in their matric final examination;
- a Senior Certificate (SC) with matriculation exemption or qualify for the exemption from the Matriculation Board with at least a C symbol on HG or a B symbol on SG in the language of teaching and learning and 60% for any four content subjects;
- a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with degree endorsement/ A Senior Certificate with exemption and a Certificate in Social
- Auxiliary Work (NQF Level 4) with one year of professional practice as a registered Social Auxiliary Worker; or relevant Higher Certificate at NQF Level 5.
Furthermore, applicants should take note that this is a selection qualification, in which they will be assessed to ascertain suitability for the profession.
In addition to the above requirements, applicants will be subjected to the following:
- Police clearance for criminal convictions checks aligned with the definition of a ‘fit and proper person’ by the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP). Applicants must submit this clearance certificate at the time of registration,
- Two testimonials from credible sources, such as a school leader, a religious leader, or a community leader.
Students must be registered with the SACSSP during their second level of studies. The Department of Social Work at UNISA will facilitate registration with the Council.
READ ALSO; Unisa Social Work Courses 2024
Unisa Social Work Courses Application Fee 2024/2025
Pay the application fee once you’ve received your student number:
- R135 for online applications
- Use the student number you receive from Unisa AND the application fee reference number (ie YOUR STUDENT NUMBER 5370810030)
- Send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for banking details and payment information
Please note that this application fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available.
Enrolling in UNISA Social Work courses for the 2024/2025 academic year is a step-by-step process:
- Research: Begin by researching the specific Social Work program that aligns with your career aspirations. UNISA’s official website provides detailed information about each course.
- Check Admission Requirements: Review the admission requirements for your chosen program to ensure you meet the criteria. Social Work programs often have specific prerequisites related to academic performance and prior coursework.
- Application: When UNISA opens its applications for the academic year, submit your application online through their official website. Be sure to adhere to the application deadlines.
- Fees: Pay the necessary application fee, which may vary depending on the program.
- Notification: UNISA will review your application and notify you of the outcome. If accepted, you’ll receive further instructions on registration and course selection.
UNISA Contact 2024/2025
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
UNISA’s social work courses offer a transformative educational experience for aspiring social work professionals. With a flexible learning approach, esteemed faculty, comprehensive curriculum, and valuable field placements, students are equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to make a positive impact on society. If you’re passionate about social justice and making a difference in people’s lives, UNISA’s social work programs might be the perfect pathway to a rewarding and fulfilling career in the field of social work.