Unisa Courses In Law 2024/2025
Unisa Courses In Law 2024/2025
Unisa Courses in Law 2024/2025: Shaping Legal Futures:
Unisa Law course refers to a course or program offered by the University of South Africa (UNISA) in the field of law. UNISA, like many universities worldwide, offers a variety of law courses designed to provide education and training in various aspects of the legal profession and legal studies.
A career in law offers vast opportunities for personal growth and professional success. The University of South Africa (UNISA), renowned for its comprehensive and high-quality education, provides diverse kinds of courses in law that equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to thrive in the legal industry. This article will delve into the diverse UNISA courses in law and highlight their key features, ensuring you make an informed decision about your legal education.
The legal profession is built on a foundation of legal education. It provides people with the knowledge, abilities, and moral values needed to successfully move through the complex terrain of law and justice. The law programmes at Unisa are created to meet a range of educational demands, from postgraduate courses for practising attorneys seeking specialisation to undergraduate programmes for aspiring lawyers.
Unisa Law Qualification And Courses Offered 2024/2025
The following are the courses offered at Unisa for 2024/2025
Bachelor of Laws (LLB):
- Unisa’s LLB program is an undergraduate degree designed for those who aspire to become legal professionals. It provides a strong foundation in legal principles, ethics, and practice, preparing students for the legal bar exams and a career as lawyers or attorneys.
READ ALSO; Unisa Courses In Cape Town 2024/2025
Postgraduate Diploma in Law:
- This program is suitable for individuals who already hold a degree but wish to gain legal knowledge and qualifications. It’s a one-year program that covers essential legal topics and can serve as a pathway to legal practice.
Master of Laws (LLM):
- Unisa offers LLM programs that allow legal practitioners to deepen their expertise in specific areas of law. Specializations may include international law, human rights law, corporate law, and more. These programs typically involve research and the completion of a dissertation.
Doctor of Laws (LLD):
- The LLD program is the highest level of legal education that Unisa provides. It’s intended for experienced legal professionals and involves advanced research, often resulting in a doctoral thesis that contributes to the field’s knowledge.
Short Courses and Certificates:
- Unisa also offers short courses and certificates in specialized legal areas. These can be beneficial for legal practitioners seeking to enhance their skills or knowledge in specific legal fields
UNISA Law Qualification Admission Requirements 2024/2025
Your admission to Unisa is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) (Degree endorsement) with at least 50% in the language of teaching and learning,
- a Senior Certificate (SC) with matriculation exemption or qualify for the exemption from the Matriculation Board with at least a D symbol on HG or a C symbol on SG in the language of teaching and learning,
- a Higher Certificate in Law or a Higher Certificate in Criminal Justice completed at a public or private higher education institution registered with the DHET with an average of at least 60%;
- a 360-credit Diploma in Law or a 360-credit diploma in a related field completed at NQF level 6 at a public or private higher education institution registered with the DHET.
- Applicants who do not comply with the above requirements should consider applying for the Diploma or Higher Certificate for which they meet the statutory and additional requirements.
Pay the application fee once you’ve received your student number:
- R135 for online applications
- Use the student number you receive from Unisa AND the application fee reference number (ie YOUR STUDENT NUMBER 5370810030)
- Send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for banking details and payment information
Please note that this application fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available.
UNISA Law Program Credit Hours In 2024
- Total credits: 120
UNISA Law Program Duration In 2024
- Maximum time to complete this qualification: 3 years
READ ALSO; Unisa Courses Offered Part Time 2024/2025
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning this post, kindly leave them in the comments section provided below this post, or better still, you can visit the official website of Unisa for More Details.
USEFUL RELATED LINKS: