My Unisa Application For 2024/2025
The University of South Africa (Unisa) is still a leader in online learning. The upcoming academic year of 2024/2025 is drawing near, and potential students are getting more excited. Many see Unisa as more than just a place to get an education, they see it as a path to prosperity in the future. This overview of the My Unisa application procedure for 2024/2025 will put you on the correct track if you’re thinking about applying.
If you are planning to apply to Unisa for the 2024/2025 academic year, this guide will walk you through the entire application process, providing you with all the necessary information and keys to ensure a successful application. From creating an account to submitting your documents, this manual got you covered.
The first step in the Unisa application process is to create an account by visiting the online application portal of Unisa. This will allow you to access the online application portal and complete your application. To create an account, visit the My Unisa website and click on the “Create an Account” button. You will be prompted to provide your personal information, such as your name, email address, and contact details. Once you have filled in all the required fields, click on the “Submit” button to create your account.
Who Is Eligible To Apply At UNISA For 2024/2025
Every Applicant wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission to the University of South Africa. This includes
- first-time Unisa applicants
- Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialization
- applicants who previously applied for admission and were either not offered a space or were offered a space and did not register
- students completing a higher certificate or alternative pathway / extended programme who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
My Unisa Application Date For 2024/2025
Applications will be opening for the academic year 2024 at Unisa by the following dates for the various qualifications:
- Online Unisa Application Open Date For Undergraduate Qualification 2024: Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Online Unisa Application Open Date For Postgraduate And Honours Degree Qualification 2024: Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Online Unisa Application Open Date For Master’s & Doctoral Qualification 2024: Applications for admission to master’s and doctoral qualifications for the 2024 academic year (some exceptions apply) open from 14 September 2023 to 10 November 2023.
- Online Unisa Application Open Date For Short Learning Programmes 2024: Applications and registrations for short learning programmes for the 2024 academic year will open in November 2023. This website will be updated as information becomes available. Please visit this site regularly for updated information.
My Unisa Application Requirements For 2024/2025
In applying for admission at Unisa for the academic year 2024/202o5. you will need to upload the following supporting documents:
- A copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport, for international students only
- Sworn translation of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- A copy of your school qualifications, Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate
- A copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- A copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if necessary)
My Unisa Application Fee For 2024/2025
- Applicants applying for admission at the University of South Africa for the study season 2024/2025 must pay a non-refundable application fee of R235.
Follow the below guide in applying for admission at Unisa 2024:
Choose Your Qualification:
- Before you apply, decide on the qualification you wish to pursue. Unisa offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. It’s crucial to check the admission requirements for your chosen course.
Register on the Online Portal:
- Visit the official Unisa application website.
- Register as a new user, creating a unique username and password.
Fill in Your Details:
- Once registered, you’ll need to fill in your personal, educational, and other relevant details. Make sure the information is accurate to avoid any complications later.
Upload Necessary Documents:
Depending on the course and level of study, Unisa requires specific documents like:
- Certified copy of your school qualifications (e.g., Senior Certificate)
- Certified copy of your tertiary academic record (if applicable)
- Certified copy of your ID document (for South African citizens)
- Certified copy of your passport (for foreign applicants)
- Recent photograph
- Other documents specific to your course (e.g., work experience documentation)
Choose Your Preferred Course(s):
- You’ll be prompted to select the courses you’re interested in. Depending on availability and requirements, you might be able to choose more than one course.
Pay the Application Fee:
- There’s a nominal, non-refundable application fee that you’ll need to pay for your application to be processed. Ensure you make this payment and keep the receipt or confirmation of the transaction.
Track Your Application:
- After submission, Unisa allows you to track the status of your application online. It’s essential to regularly check this to stay updated on any developments or additional requirements.
Wait For Responds:
- Once the application window closes, Unisa will begin processing the applications. The institution will notify you of the outcome – whether you’ve been accepted, waitlisted, or declined.
Acceptance and Registration:
- If your application is successful, you’ll receive further instructions on how to register, pay tuition fees, and other subsequent steps to finalize your enrollment.
UNISA Contact Details
For more enquiries and in-depth information, use the below contact details to contact Unisa:
- 0800 00 1870
- Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning the above post, kindly leave them in the comment section provided below or better still you can visit the official website of Unisa for more Details.
OTHER RELATED LINKS: