How Many Semesters Does UNISA Have 2024/2025
How Many Semesters Does UNISA Have 2024/2025
A Guide to UNISA’s Semester System for the Academic Year 2024/2025:
In the field of online learning, the University of South Africa (UNISA) is a significant organisation. Every year, both new and returning students look for information on UNISA’s academic system to help them arrange their studies and calendars. If you’re looking for information on how many semesters there will be at UNISA in 2024/2025.
If you’re considering pursuing higher education at the University of South Africa (UNISA), you might be curious about the academic structure and how your studies will be organized. Whether you’re a prospective student seeking to understand UNISA’s curriculum or a current student planning your study journey, this guide will provide you with valuable insights into the semester system at UNISA.
Traditionally, UNISA operates on a two-semester system. These semesters allow students to break up their studies, ensure they are managing their course loads effectively, and provide flexibility for both registration and examination periods.
UNISA Semesters In 2024
Please note that the 2024 academic year is made up of 2 semesters again.
- The first-semester registration commenced on 4 January and will close on 24 January 2024.
- Semester 2 registration for undergraduate qualifications, honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas is open from 3 – 28 July 2024 (semester modules only).
- Semester 2 registration for MBA and MBL qualifications is open from 3 – 28 July 2024 (semester modules only).
- Semester 2 registrations for Short Learning Programmes open from 22 May to 14 July 2024
READ ALSO; Check Unisa Exam Results 2024/2025
How Many Semesters Does UNISA Have 2024
The University of South Africa (UNISA) operates on a semester system for its academic calendar. This system typically consists of two main semesters:
Unisa First Semester:
- Registration: Generally begins in the first month of the year, usually January.
- Commencement of Classes: Courses often start around late January or early February.
- Examinations: Mid-year examinations usually occur around May or June.
- Conclusion: The semester generally ends in June, after the examination period.
Unisa Second Semester:
- Registration: Students can typically register for the second semester around May or June.
- Commencement of Classes: The second semester usually starts in July or August.
- Examinations: Year-end examinations are typically scheduled for October or November.
- Conclusion: The semester concludes around November or December after the examination period.
However, these timelines can vary slightly based on specific programs, academic changes, or other institutional decisions. It’s essential for current or prospective UNISA students to always check the official UNISA academic calendar or consult the university directly for the most accurate and up-to-date semester dates.
Semester or Year Course Examinations At UNISA
Semester/module examinations are written twice annually:
- First semester: May / June
- Second semester: October / November
Examinations for modules which are offered in semesters are written in May / June with the supplementary and aegrotat examinations being written in October / November. Examinations for the second semester are written in October / November with the supplementary and aegrotat examinations being written the following May / June.
You will need the following to register on the web
- Student number; You must be a returning student or if you are a first-time student (at Unisa), have successfully applied for admission.
- E-mail address; Free e-mail for life is provided by Unisa once you are registered. If you have not yet claimed your account, take some time to Claim UNISA Login.
Who Must Register for UNISA Online
- first-time Unisa applicants
- Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialisation
- Applicants who previously applied for admission and were not offered a space or who were offered a space accepted the offer and did not register
- students completing a higher certificate or any other programme and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
READ ALSO; What Are The Dates For Unisa 2024/2025
- 0800 00 1870
- Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
The University of South Africa (UNISA) operates on a two-semester system, allowing students to enrol and commence their studies in either the first or second semester of the academic year. This flexible and accessible approach enables students to tailor their education to their specific needs and interests, promoting a well-rounded and rewarding learning experience. Visit The Official Website Of Unisa For More Details.