Do I Have To Apply Every Year At Unisa 2024/2025
Do I Have To Apply Every Year Online At Unisa 2024/2025
UNISA Application FAQs: Do I Have to Apply Annually:
In every academic year, Unisa opens its window for new applicants to apply for admission into the current study year. For the academic year 2024-2025, Unisa is open for undergraduate courses, and postgraduate courses including others, no matter your career path, Unisa has a course for you. Currently, the application date for the 2025/2025 academic year for undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered at Unisa will be open from the 1st of September 2023 and the applications will be closing on the 13th of October 2023.
The University of South Africa (UNISA) is renowned for its commitment to providing accessible and quality education to students from all walks of life. If you’re considering pursuing your studies at UNISA or are already a student, you might be wondering whether you need to apply for admission every year. This article aims to provide a guide to UNISA’s enrollment policies, clarifying whether students need to reapply each year and shed light on the procedures involved.
Unisa 2024/2025 Online Application Open And Closing Date| Apply Unisa Online 2024
Are you a fresh applicant or a returning student who wishes to apply for admission into the 2024 academic year at Unisa, applications will be open and closing by the dates published below for the various qualifications:
- Unisa Application Date For Undergraduate Courses 2024: Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Unisa Application Date For Honours Degrees & Postgraduate Diplomas 2024: Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Unisa Application Date For Masters & Doctoral Qualifications 2024: Applications for admission to master’s and doctoral qualifications for the 2024 academic year (some exceptions apply) open from 14 September 2023 to 10 November 2023.
- Unisa Application Date For Short Learning Programmes 2024: Applications and registrations for short learning programmes for the 2024 academic year will open in November 2023. This website will be updated as information becomes available. Please visit this site regularly for updated information.
Do I Have To Apply Online Every Year At Unisa 2024
The answer to the above question depends on your specific circumstances: If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission. Should you not register for the 2023 semester 2 academic year, you will need to re-apply for admission during the 2024 application period.
- If you are enrolled in a program and wish to continue with your studies in the subsequent academic year, you generally don’t need to reapply for admission. As long as you meet the academic requirements and have fulfilled all financial obligations, you can progress to the next level of your studies without reapplying.
Taking a Break:
- If, for any reason, you decide to take a break from your studies and skip an academic year, you will need to reapply for admission when you decide to resume your studies. UNISA does not automatically assume your intention to continue after an extended absence.
Annual Registration Process At UNISA:
While you may not need to reapply for admission every year, UNISA requires all students to complete an annual registration process. This process is essential to enrol in specific modules or courses for the upcoming academic year or semester. During the registration period, students select their desired courses, pay the required fees, and finalize their study plans.
The online application fee payment is R125.00. Click here to view Unisa’s banking details and payment alternatives.
Application Fee for First-Time Applicants
- If you are applying to UNISA for the first time, you will be required to pay an application fee. This fee covers the administrative costs associated with processing your application. The amount of the application fee may vary, and it is advisable to visit the official UNISA website or the application portal to find the most up-to-date information regarding the current application fee.
Application Fee for Returning Applicants
- For applicants who have previously applied to UNISA but were not accepted or chose not to enrol, a new application will require payment of the application fee. UNISA does not waive the application fee for returning applicants as it helps offset the administrative costs incurred during the evaluation process.
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
The application process at UNISA varies depending on whether you are a new applicant or a returning student. If you are an undergraduate student, you do not need to reapply every year, provided you meet the academic requirements. Visit the Official website Of Unisa for More Details.