When Did Unisa Open For 2024/2025 Application
When Did Unisa Open For 2024/2025 Application
UNISA Application Timeline for 2024/2025: When to Expect Openings:
If you’re planning to apply to the University of South Africa (UNISA) for the 2024/2025 academic year, it’s important to know when the application period will open. This article will provide a comprehensive timeline of dates and deadlines for UNISA’s 2024/2025 application process, so you can stay informed and prepare accordingly.
The application period for the 2024/2025 intake at the University of South Africa (UNISA) is set to open for the undergraduate programme on the 1st of September 2023. This is the perfect time to start gathering all the necessary documents and preparing your application. Make sure to mark this date on your calendar and stay updated with any additional information or changes that may occur. UNISA is a highly reputable institution, so it’s important to submit your application on time to increase your chances of acceptance.
While the 2024/2025 application window has begun, it’s imperative for prospective students to be proactive. The early bird often gets the worm, and in the context of university applications, this means a higher chance of admission into desired programs.
When Will Unisa Open For 2024/2025 Application
If you want to enrol in the academic year 2024/2025 at Unisa, you must apply by the following dates:
- Unisa 2024/2025 Application Date For Undergraduate Qualifications: Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Unisa 2024/2025 Application Date For Honours Degrees & Postgraduate Diplomas: Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Unisa 2024/2025 Application Date For Master’s & Doctoral Qualifications: Applications for admission to master’s and doctoral qualifications for the 2024 academic year (some exceptions apply) open from 14 September 2023 to 10 November 2023.
- Unisa 2024/2025 Application Date For Short Learning Programmes: Applications and registrations for short learning programmes for the 2024 academic year will open in November 2023. This website will be updated as information becomes available. Please visit this site regularly for updated information.
READ ALSO; My Unisa Application Accepts Offer 2024/2025
Date of Second Semester Registration for Unisa 2024
The date of registration for Unisa’s second semester consists of the following
- Semester 2 registration for undergraduate qualifications, honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas is open from 3 – 28 July 2024 (semester modules only).
- Semester 2 registration for MBA and MBL qualifications is open from 3 – 28 July 2024 (semester modules only).
- Semester 2 registrations for Short Learning Programmes open from 22 May to 14 July 2024
Who Can Apply for UNISA 2024/2025
know whether you qualify to send an application to UNISA through the information below
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialisation.
- If you are completing a higher certificate, you must apply for admission if you want to continue with further undergraduate studies.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and were offered a space, but did not accept the offer and/or did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
Applicants wishing to begin a new programme should upload all the needed supporting documents, which include:
- A copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport, for international students only
- Sworn translation of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- A copy of your school qualifications, Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate
- A copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- A copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if necessary)
What the 2024/2025 UNISA Application Selection Process Entails
understand the requirements for admission to UNISA in 2024
- The calculation of your individual points score, which includes your final Grade 12 grades as well as other significant characteristics like the school you attended, your gender, socioeconomic status, race, and so forth, is at the centre of the selection process.
- Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements, and the required academic points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s). The minimum APS score differs from college to college, and from qualification to qualification. Please refer to each qualification for the admission requirements.
- It is important to note that you will not automatically be accepted to study through Unisa in 2024. Students will be accommodated on the basis of the number of spaces available for each qualification.
2024/2025 Unisa Application Process
abide by these steps to submit an application to UNISA;
- A maximum of two qualifications, listed in order of preference, may be applied for; however, should both of your qualifications be accepted, you may only enrol for one.
- You will be notified by Unisa of the results of your application. If accepted, Unisa will let you know which qualification and will grant you a spot for the time period for which you applied (for example, semester 2).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another applicant.
- First-time applicants to Unisa will be required to complete the First-Year Experience MOOC (massive open online course) before being able to accept Unisa’s offer.
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission. Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
The journey to higher education at UNISA begins with timely and informed applications, making way for a brighter future filled with knowledge, growth, and empowerment. As the academic landscape continues to evolve, UNISA stands firm in its commitment to equipping students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen fields. Visit the official Website Of Unisa for more Details.
Other Related Posts: