Unisa Application Information For 2024 Academic Year
Unisa is known as a provider of fair and equitable access to higher education opportunities. Flowing from its social responsibility to address past inequalities, Unisa has an application and selection process that effectively addresses historical imbalances without sacrificing quality standards. This process promotes focused attention towards improved student support, and the alignment of the new student intake with the available academic capacity and required infrastructure to maximise all students’ chances of success.
One of the top universities on the continent of Africa is the University of South Africa (Unisa), which continues to live up to its reputation. The appropriate information can mean the difference between a successful application and missed opportunities as applicants get ready to submit their applications for the 2024 school year.
The Unisa Application is currently open and continues, however, there is information regarding the application for the 2024 Academic year. kindly read through what has been written below to know what is required in the application.
Unisa Application Date Information For 2024 Academic Year
Below is the information you need concerning the application dates for Unisa admission for 2024:
- Online Unisa Application Open Date For Undergraduate Qualification 2024: Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Online Unisa Application Open Date For Postgraduate And Honours Degree Qualification 2024: Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2024 academic year open from 01 September 2023 to 13 October 2023.
- Online Unisa Applications Open Date For Master’s & Doctoral Qualification 2024: Applications for admission to master’s and doctoral qualifications for the 2024 academic year (some exceptions apply) open from 14 September 2023 to 10 November 2023.
- Online Unisa Application Open Date For Short Learning Programmes 2024: Applications and registrations for short learning programmes for the 2024 academic year will open in November 2023. This website will be updated as information becomes available. Please visit this site regularly for updated information.
Who Is Eligible For Unisa 2024/2025
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialisation.
- If you are completing a higher certificate, you must apply for admission if you want to continue with further undergraduate studies.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and were offered a space, but did not accept the offer and/or did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
What Does The Application Selection Process Entail
- At the heart of the selection process is a calculation of your individual points score, which takes into account your final Grade 12 marks and other key factors such as the school you attended, and your gender, socio-economic group, race, and so on.
- Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements, and the required academic points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s). The minimum APS score differs from college to college, and from qualification to qualification. Please refer to each qualification for the admission requirements.
- It is important to note that you will not automatically be accepted to study through Unisa in 2024. Students will be accommodated on the basis of the number of spaces available for each qualification.
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your qualifications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (e.g. semester 2).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another applicant.
- First-time applicants to Unisa will be required to complete the First-Year Experience MOOC (massive open online course) before being able to accept Unisa’s offer.
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission. Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
UNISA Contact Details
For more enquiries and in-depth information, use the below contact details to contact Unisa:
- 0800 00 1870
- Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning the above post, kindly leave them in the comment section provided below or better still you can visit the official website of Unisa for more Details.
Other Related Posts: