Unisa Application Grant 2024/2025
Unisa Online Application Grant 2024/2025
Unisa Grant Application 2024/2025: Your Gateway To Quality Education:
It’s essential to understand the application process and requirements if you’re considering applying for a Unisa grant for the academic year 2024/2025. This guide will provide you with all the necessary information to help you go through the application process successfully and increase your chances of receiving a grant from Unisa.
Unisa’s grant is a form of financial support or funding provided to students or researchers affiliated with the University of South Africa (UNISA). Usually, institutions like UNISA offer various financial aid, scholarships, or grants to assist students with tuition fees, research costs, or other academic-related expenses. One of these financial schemes is the National Student Financial Aid Scheme ( NSFAS), a government agency that is responsible for providing financial assistance to disadvantaged South African students who are enrolled in any of the public colleges and Universities of which Unisa is one of them.
Financial difficulties shouldn’t stop motivated students from pursuing their interests in higher education, according to UNISA. In contrast to loans, Unisa’s grant system provides financial assistance that is not subject to repayment. Depending on the award in question, it is primarily determined by merit, necessity, or specific requirements.
Unisa Online Grant Application Date 2024/2025
If you are a citizen of South Africa who is currently enrolled at Unisa and you need financial assistance, then you might want to apply for a grant from Nsfas by the below dates:
- Unisa Grant Application Open Date 2024/2025: Nsfas will be open to receive applications for the 2024 academic year from September 2023.
- Unisa Grant Application Closing Date 2024/2025: The deadline to apply for a grant from Nsfas as a Unisa student is on the 31st of January 2024.
Who Is Eligible For Unisa Grant Online Application 2024/2025
You will only qualify for Unisa grant as a Unisa student if you are:
- A South African citizen
- SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How Much Do Unisa Students Recieve As Grant From Nsfas
The grants provided by Nsfas to Unisa students are for accommodation, living allowance, transport, learning materials etc. Below is the breakdown of how much Unisa students receive as grants from Nsfas:
- Accommodation: As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
The following are the supporting documents needed when applying for a grant as a Unisa student:
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified ID copies of parents, guardians or spouse
- Proof of Income
- Proof of Residence
- Consent Form
- Academic Results
- Proof of Registration/Admission from Unisa
- Death Certificate(s)
- Other documentation
Download The Unisa Grant Application Consent Form 2024/2025
- Download the declaration and credit check consent form(PDF). Complete and sign the form, and then submit it as part of the online application process (step 2). By submitting this form, you give Unisa and its designated service providers permission to verify the information you submit as part of your application.
- Complete and submit the online application form. Remember to include your completed declaration and credit check consent form.
Unisa Nsfas Grant Application Process 2024/2025
Follow the below guide to apply for a grant as a student of UNISA:
- Go to the Unisa’s official website of Unisa. They have a dedicated portal for grant and scholarship applications where you can begin your application.
- Applicants are to ensure they have the required documents handy. This often includes proof of income, academic records, and a motivation letter.
- Once your documentation is ready and your application form is filled out, submit it before the deadline.
- The university will review applications and announce the recipients on their official platforms.
READ ALSO; Unisa Application Form 2024
- Toll-Free: 08000 67327
UNISA Contact Details
For more enquiries and in-depth information, use the below contact details to contact Unisa:
- 0800 00 1870
- Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning the above post, kindly leave them in the comment section provided below or better still you can visit the official website of Unisa for more Details.
Other Related Posts: