Unisa Application For Matric Exemption 2024/2025
Unisa Application For Matric Exemption 2024/2025
A Pathway to Higher Learning: Unisa Application for Matric Exemption 2024/2025:
Unisa is known as a provider of fair and equitable access to higher education opportunities. Flowing from its social responsibility to address past inequalities, Unisa has an application and selection process that effectively addresses historical imbalances without sacrificing quality standards. This process promotes focused attention towards improved student support, and the alignment of our new student intake with the available academic capacity and required infrastructure to maximise all students’ chances of success.
Matric Exemption, sometimes known as a ‘Senate Discretionary Exemption’, is a provision that allows students who don’t meet the standard Matriculation Board requirements to be considered for admission to degree programs at Unisa. This provision is especially significant for mature students and those with non-traditional educational backgrounds.
You can get your education validated so that you can work or continue your education in South Africa by obtaining a Matric Exemption. A Bachelor’s Degree pass is also known as an Exemption pass. This indicates that you earned a Matric score high enough to enrol in several Bachelor’s degree courses
The university’s dedication to inclusivity and education for everyone is shown in the Matric Exemption procedure for the 2024–2025 academic year. Potential students can open up new academic perspectives by comprehending and successfully handling this application process, demonstrating that it’s never too late to pursue one’s educational goals.
Who Is Eligible For Unisa Matric Exemption 2024/2025
You may only apply for credits/exemptions of study units passed at other higher education institutions if you are registered for a formal qualification at Unisa. Take note of the following:
- Please take note of the college-specific rules for all the colleges.
- Your application for credits/exemptions will not be processed if you are not registered for the formal qualification at Unisa for which you are applying for credits/exemptions.
- No credits/exemptions will be granted if you are registered for NDP (non-degree purposes).
- If you are required to apply for full/conditional exemption from the Matriculation Board, your application for credits/exemptions will only be processed for degree studies once the full/conditional exemption has been issued with the correct “with effect from” date.
- If you are registered for a non-formal programme and wish to apply for credits, please contact the institute that offers the programme.
When Is The Unisa Application For Matric Exemption 2024/2025
- You may only apply for credits/exemptions of study units passed at other higher education institutions during Unisa’s registration period. Visit www.unisa.ac.za/register for the registration dates.
- Applications for credits/exemptions are only processed after the closing date for registrations. Some applications are also referred to the relevant academic department(s) for evaluation.
- Evaluation of possible exemptions can only be done once you have been granted admission to a qualification and you register for the qualification.
- The qualification procedure enables the school to process all information supplied by candidates. With this criterion, the numbers are more likely to be of high quality than quantity. There are a number of procedures one must follow in order to enter every institution. One must have attended and gotten the senior certificate that is not endorsed in order to be eligible for matric exemption.
How Long Does It Take To Receive A Certificate Of Exemption At Unisa
- The process can occasionally be delayed and may take several weeks due to the large number of applicants attempting to obtain an exemption certificate.
- Additionally, there are other aspects that have an impact on the final judgement or application as a whole. Depending on the system, the application’s submission date, and the institution concerned, this can change.
- According to UNISA, processing the exemption certificate can take anywhere from 6 to 9 weeks.
What Is The Cost Of The Matric Exemption At Unisa
- The UNISA matric exemption fee is a typical application that UNISA indicates. This sum is used to grant you a matric exemption after receiving your application. An exemption fee for matriculation normally costs R 700. It is important to remember that this sum is nonrefundable, thus research is required before submitting an application.
Unisa Application Process For Matric Exemption 2024/2025
Follow the below process in applying for admission into a matric exemption course at Unisa:
- Go to the official website of UNISA at www.unisa.ca.za.
- Click to register for your preferred qualification and course. (Please note that the matriculation exemption is designed for first-degree university holders).
- After registration, log in to your myUNISA account
- Proceed to the menu tab and select myAdmin.”
- Click on “Apply for exemption.” in the drop-down menu that pops up.
- Follow the instructions for additional instructions before submitting all details.
- Click “Submit” to send your application.
UNISA Contact Details
For more enquiries and in-depth information, use the below contact details to contact Unisa:
- 0800 00 1870
- Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning the above post, kindly leave them in the comment section provided below or better still you can visit the official website of Unisa for more Details.
OTHER RELATED LINKS: