Unisa B ED Application 2024/2025
Unisa B ED Application 2024/2025
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for Unisa B ED Program 2024/2025:
Unisa’s B.Ed. program focuses on equipping future educators with the skills, knowledge, and ethos necessary for the modern teaching landscape. Spread over four years of rigorous academic and practical training, the course ensures graduates are adept at facilitating learning in various educational settings.
The University of South Africa (Unisa) is notable as a global leader in distance learning, not just in Africa. The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme at Unisa is exceptionally well-known because it is one of the major academic institutions that provides distance learning. As the application period for the academic year 2024-2025 approaches, prospective B.Ed. students should be prepared.
Before applying for the Unisa B ED program, it’s important to thoroughly research the program requirements and eligibility criteria. This will ensure that you meet all the necessary qualifications and increase your chances of being accepted into the program. Start by visiting the official Unisa website and navigating to the B ED program page on the official website of Unisa.
Unisa B ED Application Date 2024/2025
- Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2024 academic year are open from 01 September to 13 October 2023.
Unisa B ED Application Requirements 2024/2025
Your admission to Unisa is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification:
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) (Degree endorsement) with at least 50% in the language of teaching and learning and 40% in Mathematics or 50% in Mathematical Literacy,
- a Senior Certificate (SC) with matriculation exemption or qualify for the exemption from the Matriculation Board with at least a D symbol on HG or
- a C symbol on SG in the language of teaching and learning and an F symbol on HG or an E symbol on SG in Mathematics,
- a National Certificate Vocational (NCV) level 4 with at least 60% in three fundamental subjects including the language of teaching and learning. 70% in four vocational subjects chosen from the NCV level 4 subjects. Subjects under the following categories are approved as eligible for a BEd degree: All official languages at First Additional Language level, Agriculture and Nature Conservation, Business, Commerce and Management Sciences Services, Education, Training and Development Mathematics and Natural Science.
|Maximum time to complete this qualification:||10 years|
- Applicants who do not comply with the above requirements should consider applying for a
- Higher Certificate in Education if they meet the statutory and additional requirements.
- ONLY a Higher Certificate in Education (Foundation Phase and Intermediate Phase) articulates into this program
Unisa B ED Application Fee 2024/2025
Pay the application fee once you’ve received your student number:
- R135 for online applications
- Use the 8-digit student number you receive from Unisa AND the application fee reference number (ie YOUR 8 digit STUDENT NUMBER 5370810030)
- Send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for banking details and payment information
Please note that this application fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available.
The following are the steps to follow in applying for B.E.D. courses and modules at Unisa:
- Eligibility Check: Ensure you meet the minimum requirements for the course. Typically, this includes a National Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement.
- Document Preparation: Gather all essential documents, including academic transcripts, identity proofs, and any others specified by Unisa.
- Online Application: Head to Unisa’s official online application portal. Follow the step-by-step guide, filling in all necessary details and uploading the required documents.
- Application Fee: Pay the non-refundable application fee. Ensure you keep a receipt or proof of payment.
- Wait for Acknowledgement: After submitting, you’ll receive an acknowledgement of receipt. Following that, you’ll be informed if you’ve been accepted, conditionally accepted, or not accepted.
For more info on the Unisa BED Application Click here
UNISA Contact Details
For more enquiries and in-depth information, use the below contact details to contact Unisa:
- 0800 00 1870
- Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions concerning the above post, kindly leave them in the comment section provided below or better still you can visit the official website of Unisa for more Details.
OTHER RELATED LINKS: