Unisa 2022 Registrations
Unisa 2022 Registrations
Selection and application for 2022: here’s what you should know
Unisa’s application model is open and continuous, which means that applications remain open throughout the year.
Please take note of the following:
- During the period 3 January to 7 March 2022, all applications for admission must be submitted online. No self-help stations will be available for applications at the regional offices.
- Admission to a qualification is not automatic. It will depend on whether you comply with the admission requirements and if space is available.
- Not all qualifications are available all the time. Only the qualifications where there is space available will be available on the online application form.
Unisa is known as a provider of fair and equitable access to higher education opportunities. Flowing from its social responsibility to address past inequalities, Unisa has an application and selection process that effectively addresses historical imbalances without sacrificing quality standards. Unisa 2022 Registrations
This process promotes focused attention towards improved student support, and the alignment of our new student intake with the available academic capacity and required infrastructure to maximise all students’ chances of success. Unisa 2022 Registrations
What does the selection process entail?
- At the heart of the selection process is a calculation of your individual points score, which takes into account your final Grade 12 marks and other key factors such as the school you attended, and your gender, socio-economic group, race, and so on.
- Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements, and the required academics points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s). A higher certificate requires a minimum APS of 15, a diploma a minimum APS of 18 and a bachelor degree a minimum APS of 21 or more (some exceptions apply).
- It is important to note that you will not automatically be accepted to study through Unisa in semester 1 of 2020. Students will be accommodated on the basis of the number of places available for each qualification.
I did not register with Unisa for the past few years. Can I still complete my degree?
You will need to confirm whether or not Unisa still offers your qualification. Visit www.unisa.ac.za/register to check this information. If you need to apply for a new qualification, please take note of Unisa’s application process and academic progression rules. If you are academically excluded, you must comply with the requirements for re-admission (ie completion of a one-year certificate programme of 48 credits after the year of exclusion).
What are the registration dates and times for formal qualifications?
Visit www.unisa.ac.za/register for all registration dates and times.
My application for admission was approved and I registered online. What must I do now?
Please be patient while we process your registration. If you see that your registration will not be processed by the closing date for registrations, please visit your nearest Unisa Regional Office.
The application process
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your qualifications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie semester 1).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another applicant.
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission (ie semester 1). Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period. Unisa 2022 Registrations
Who must apply?
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students changing to a new qualification and / or specialisation.
- If you are completing a higher certificate or alternative pathway / extended programme, you must apply for admission if you want to continue with further undergraduate studies.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and were offered a space, but did not accept the offer and / or did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission. Unisa 2022 Registrations