Unisa has an agreement with a number of Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges to offer tuition for selected qualifications, but primarily higher certificates.
These classes have proved to mostly improve the throughput rate of students who enrol for them. Successful completion of the higher certificates may give you a better chance to qualify for degree studies at Unisa.
- Colleges that have an agreement with Unisa
- Unisa courses offered by TVET colleges
- Apply & register
TVET Colleges concentrate on vocational and occupational education and training with the goal of preparing students to work in a skilled trade as functional workers.
Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) is an abbreviation for Technical Vocational Education and Training.
The courses available at TVET colleges are primarily vocational or occupational in character.
This means the student will receive education and training geared toward a certain set of jobs, employment opportunities, or entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Grade 9 Certificate or equivalent qualification for (NCV Courses)
- Grade 9 Certificate with a 50% pass in Mathematics for ( Engineering NCV Courses)
- Grade 10 with 50% in Mathematics OR Grade 11 with 40% in Mathematics for (Engineering Nated Courses)
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivelen (For Nated Courses)
- Office Administration
- Finance Economics and Accounting
- Civil Engineering and Building Construction
- Engineering and Related Design
- Electrical Infrastructure and Construction
- Information Technology
Public TVET offer a wide choice of courses/programs that have been designed to meet companies’ needs for scarce skills.
The duration of classes ranges from a few hours to a three-year formal diploma program.
Naturally, course fees vary greatly, but it is crucial to remember that Department of Higher Education and Training courses are subsidized by 80% of the delivery cost, with many full bursaries available for the remaining 20%.
tvet colleges that offers teaching