NSFAS Open For 2024/2025 At Unisa
NSFAS Application Open Date For 2024/2025 At Unisa
NSFAS 2024/2025 Application Window at UNISA: All You Need to Know:
Each academic year, thousands of South African students eagerly await the chance to apply for financial help to support their pursuit of higher education. NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, is one such glimmer of optimism. It’s critical to comprehend the NSFAS application timing and requirements if you want to enrol at the University of South Africa (UNISA) for the 2024–2025 academic year. A thorough overview is provided in this article.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government-funded initiative designed to support eligible South African students who lack the financial means to pay for their tertiary education. NSFAS offers bursaries, which means if you’re funded, you won’t need to pay the money back.
When Should Unisa Students Start Applying For NSFAS For 2024/2025
Apply for Nsfas by the dates below:
- Nsfas Application Open Date For Unisa Students 2024: Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year at Unisa will be open on the 28th of September 2023
- Nsfas Application Deadline For Unisa Students 2024: Applications for Nsfas at Unisa for the 2024/2025 academic year will be closing on the 31st of January 2024
READ ALSO; Is NSFAS open for 2024 at Unisa
Nsfas For Unisa Application Eligibility 2024/2025
You qualify to apply for Nsfas as a Unisa student if:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How Much Does Nsfas Give To Unisa Students For 2024/2025
Amounts are indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials which need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines:
- Accommodation: As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Unisa students who are in need financially are to follow the below process in applying for a bursary from Nsfas:
- Create a myNSFAS Account: Visit the NSFAS website to create your account.
- Gather Necessary Documents: This may include certified copies of your ID, parents/guardians’ ID, and proof of income, among other relevant documents.
- Fill in the Application: Once the application window is open, log into your myNSFAS account and fill in all necessary details.
- Await Feedback: After submission, monitor your application status on the NSFAS portal. Successful candidates will receive communication regarding the funding.
READ ALSO; Does NSFAS Pay Registration Fee 2024
- 0800 00 1870
Contact details for student assistance and service
- 0800 075 278
- Main campus:
Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
Nsfas Contact Details
- Website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Phone: 08000 67327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical Address: NSFAS Loans & Bursaries Department, Private Bag X4, Plumstead 7801, South Africa.
The opening of NSFAS applications for 2024 at UNISA signifies a beacon of hope and progress in South Africa’s pursuit of an equitable and inclusive education system. This crucial partnership between NSFAS and UNISA offers the promise of a better future for countless aspiring students who, armed with knowledge and opportunity, can chart a path toward personal growth and societal advancement. Visit The Official Website Of Unisa And Nsfas For More Details