With more people enrolling in universities, it is important to have efficient systems that can comfortably handle a huge number of students. For this reason, many institutions of higher education are going away from papers and creating online systems to increasing efficiency.
University of South Africa (UNISA) is part of the trend, creating a portal to help students access information. The mylife UNISA account allows students to access exams, newsletters, announcement, assignment marks, and so much more.
All students are required to have the myLife email account since important information is posted on the account. The account is free to open and uses the Microsoft Office 365 platform. When you log in myunisa, you will discover that the account looks like an email account and is easy to understand.
The myUNISA email is essential during your time at the university, therefore, the following steps are very important for you to activate and access the account for a smooth stay at the institution.
How do I make a myLife account? Before you can set up my life UNISA account, you need to have access to your myUNISA Student portal. Here is a straightforward detailed guide to follow when setting up the account.
- Step 1: Go to the myUNISA student portal.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Claim UNISA Login.’
- Step 3: Type in your student number and click ‘Continue.’
- Step 4: Fill in the personal information form (Surname, Full names, DOB, South African ID No/ Passport No/ Foreign ID. Enter either ID No or Passport No, not both) and click ‘Continue.’
- Step 5: Read through the terms and check the boxes and then click ‘Acknowledge.’
- Step 6: You will see a page showing your account details (mylife email address and phone number) and also an initial UNISA password.
- Step 1: Go to myUnisa login. Enter your User name and password and click login.
- Step 2: Click on ‘My Admin’.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Change Password’.
- Step 4: Fill the form provided to update your password. The password will be for both myUnisa and myLife accounts.
It may take about half an hour (30 minutes) for new myunisa password to be active on your myLife services during peak seasons. However, if you still cannot log in to your account, send an email to MyLifeHelp@unisa.ac.za and you will be assisted.